email spam

email spam

email spam

SOLVED
Jayco
I'm a Participant Level 2

email spam

Another email account at hotmail.com is sending spam to my fido email. Since this is my fido account I get text messages to my cell when each message arrives. I was looking into the help options and found you can filter messages and edit blacklist. However to activate the filters you have to click on the 'filter' icon.

I looked everywhere on the email page but I cannot find this icon.

here's what the 'help' page says:

Apply Filter Rules

Click on the "Apply Filter" icon next to the INBOX name in the mailbox view to filter all messages according to the specified rules.

The hotmail account is most likely hacked by someone from china and unfortunately sends spam to the contacts list.

(this happened to my gmail account). I've already tried contacting the hotmail account.

Accepted Solution

Re: email spam

Solved by Community Manager (Retired) FidoErin

Hi Jayco,

Thank you for pointing out a part of the webmail help section that needed updating!

For this issue you can text 'block  xxxxx@yyyyyyy.com to the short code 3436 (FIDO), where xxxxxx@yyyyyy.com is the spam email address. This will instruct the Fido Email platform to block all messages from this sender. Those emails will not reach either the cell phone nor the webmail account.

For more assistance with email commands please visit   http://www.fido.ca/web/content/messaging/email_to_text, which explains the block command and other features of the Fido Email platform. 

Thanks!

View solution in context
4 REPLIES 4
FidoErin
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Jayco,

Thank you for pointing out a part of the webmail help section that needed updating!

For this issue you can text 'block  xxxxx@yyyyyyy.com to the short code 3436 (FIDO), where xxxxxx@yyyyyy.com is the spam email address. This will instruct the Fido Email platform to block all messages from this sender. Those emails will not reach either the cell phone nor the webmail account.

For more assistance with email commands please visit   http://www.fido.ca/web/content/messaging/email_to_text, which explains the block command and other features of the Fido Email platform. 

Thanks!

Jayco

Thanks.

Since the first time I've posted this problem here I've had to open a hotmail account to get help from the hotmail support forum to deal with the spammer. Their abuse/spam reporting email system is useless. I've reported the spammer 6 times and nothing permanent was done.

Although it would have been easier if the fido mail system included this info in the mail 'help' section instead of the apps/ add ons section. Who would look for fido mail help in apps/ add ons?

YTech

My issue is a little different. I am unable to find the Spam folder as some confirmation emails aren't being received.

(top menu) Options > Servers and Folder Information

From there select the Spam Folder, then click on Save Options

Hopefully, this will show all the blocked emails that I've been trying to access.

hey @YTech and thank you for using the Community Smiley

@Community: Anyone can help with this?