dropping signal strength from LTE to 3G

SOLVED
Sunil876
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Hi,

My phone was working good but last 2 days data speed is very slow and showing 3G. Please, someone help me to solve this problem.

Thank you

Accepted Solution

Re: dropping signal strength from LTE to 3G

Solved by MVP MVP
Open your dialer and type *#272*Phone’s IMEI Here# then pick the Fido code which should be FMC or Rogers RWC this will factory reset the phone also.
View solution in context
8 REPLIES 8
FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Hey @Sunil876,

Can you let us know if you're having an issue everywhere you go or it's only in one specific area? Would you have a different device you can test out your SIM card as well? Smiley

Sunil876

Hi,

I am a frequent traveller, Its  all over ontario

@Sunil876 wrote:

Hi,

I am a frequent traveller, Its  all over ontario

Hello Sunil876,

If you're travelling, are you sure you're in areas covered with LTE? Even if you're in an area designated LTE, your closest tower may not have LTE. Not all towers have all of the bands/frequencies I previously posted a link to a cellular tower site in your other thread here. Your phone could be accessing the network with the strongest signal.

There are a number of factors which could influence data speed, including signal strength, band/frequency, network congestion, etc.

Out of curiosity, did you try any of the secret codes to enable LTE on your phone or did you go straight to flashing the firmware?

Cheers

Sunil876

I don't remember any secret code entered, before memory flashing, I am now using a Samsung grand prime mobile. my Sony expira is always struggling to find GPS so I changed to Samsung and it was good working but last 3 days only 3G and very slow. This also I from wind but flashed memory and was working perfect.

Hi @Sunil876 is this the same Samsung phone that we were talking about? Did you do the CSC change that I suggested?

Sunil876

Yes same, it was working good so I didn't done anything . Can you send me codes.

Open your dialer and type *#272*Phone’s IMEI Here# then pick the Fido code which should be FMC or Rogers RWC this will factory reset the phone also.

Sunil876

hi

Thank you . Again LTE back.

good one