dropping signal strength from LTE to 3G

Jenny_veve
I'm a Participant Level 3

My phone lately has almost no LTE signal,  it’s always showing on 3G. I have an iPhone 6, and have made no changes on my phone.

Fido Help!!!

It is on 3G in all my normal locations like work and home etc, where I always had LTE previously!

6 REPLIES 6
FidoSaad

Hey there @Jenny_veve

Welcome to the community Smiley

How long have you been having this issue? When you say all locations, does that include indoors and outdoors as well?

Have you tried resetting your network setting and then restarting your phone? This usually does the trick. Though having a degrading mobile data connection is inconvenient, it can be caused by different factors so we'll need to narrow this down together.

Let us know how it goes.

Jenny_veve

Thanks for your reply. I tried resetting my network it didn’t improve anything. The issue is inside and outside.

My battery dies very fast as well (not sure if that’s related either). 

Jenny_veve

Oh and I restarted my phone after testing the network. Still no improvement.

Hey @Jenny_veve,

Thanks for letting us know!

Is your iOS  up to date, can you tell me what version you're on?

Also, can you check if there's a Carrier update available as well? Simply go to Settings - General - About and if an update is available, you'll see an option to update your carrier settings.

Keep us posted Smiley

Jenny_veve

Thanks for the reply, my ios is up-to-date. It is iOS 11.4.1

Looks like no carrier updates needed either.

Thanks for checking, @Jenny_veve!

I would suggest restoring your iPhone through iTunes to see if that changes anything. Just make sure to back up your phone first to avoid losing content from your phone. You can see how here.

Let us know how that goes.