cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

downloading ringtones for samsung galaxy Q

Shen
I'm a Participant Level 2

I've been trying to download a certain ringtone for my new phone, but I can't seem to get it.   I don't know if it's compatible for my phone either.   When I try to listen to the preview on my fido site....they don't work. 

5 REPLIES 5

Tru
Fido Employee
Fido Employee

Hey everyone!

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to add an update since I came across it. In this situation to be able to use the "music" as a ringtone you would need to go under: Application -- Music -- tap the songs tab -- Touch and hold a song from the list to reveal the on-screen context menu -- tap Set as phone ringtone.

Hope it helps!

FidoStephane

Hi there Shen,

Which ringtone are you attempting to download? How exactly is it not working?

when you enter your number and select 'submit' do you get the text confirmation?

Do you have a data service with Fido? Access to data is necessary for this type of download

Have you tried different ringtones? There might be a problem with the one you are trying to download.

Shen

sorry, forgot to mention, yes I have data service through Fido, using android....100mb per month   This phone is so new to me!

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

@ Community: Has anyone experienced such a situation before? How did you fix it?

If you have still not found the solution to your issue, you may want to contact the technical support team at 1-888-481-3436 from a phone other than your Fido. They will be able to look into this matter with you.

Let us know how it goes!

Shen

I have downloaded or tried to, download 2 ringtones now.   They somehow got into my 'music' app.  When the confirmation came on the screen to download, it only gave me 2 choices:  'internet' and 'music'.   should I have chosen the 'internet' then somehow retrieve it from there???  Please help.....that's $7 spent on 2 nice ringtones...........for nothing!  Is there a way for me to retrieve it from my 'music' to the ringtone?