disappointed that there is no reasonable way to spend Fido Dollars

GuyFromIpanemo
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi There,

Just got off the phone with a friendly representative who shared my disappointment in there being no reasonable way to take advantage of the 73 Fido Dollars that I have accrued.  He recommended that I post here as senior Fido personnel view every post and take them seriously.

I've been a satisfied Fido user for many years, and have taken advantage of the Fido Dollars promotion multiple times through the years.  In particular, the latest Spotify promotion really works for me and I've shared the good karma with friends and acquaintances that have gone on to sign up with Fido.

So I received the email notification that my Fido Dollars would be expiring July 6 and that I could use them, amongst other things, towards a newer phone.  That appealed to me as the battery on my iPhone 5 has been getting dodgey the last year, and I don't need any of the other things Fido Dollars can be applied to.

I understand generally the idea that new phones are subsidized by signing phone contracts, but the options presented for a phone upgrade were bordering on the ridiculous, when comparing the discounted/subsidized new phone price - Fido Dollars to even the minimum price + feature plans, not to mention my current plan.

As at now, I have no choice but to allow the Fido Dollars to expire.  As such, I'm very disappointed with Fido and am writing this in the hopes that someone reads it, checks on my history as a client, and reaches out with something concrete to show their appreciation for me as customer.

N.

1 REPLY 1
bocchi
I'm a Participant Level 1

i strongly agree with your disappointment. i also talk to representative about fido dollars.

i've been with fido for many years also.

i have more than $200 fido dollars left and recently got a new phone as a gift, so i really dont have choice of spending the fido dollars in current offer that likely i spend more money to use the fido dollars which seems stupid idea. 

so i ask is there any other choice/offer or at least please extend the expirely date. (such as i remember when fido dollars started, there were more ways to use fido dollars). 

Being with fido many years, but the notification of expirely given in months.

But the answer was simple, "sorry, no". 

so by the end of next week, it seems my reward program with being fido will be given as disappointment.