data settings on BLU LTE

data settings on BLU LTE

data settings on BLU LTE

SOLVED
miguebec
I'm a Participant Level 2

data settings on BLU LTE

Hello

I've just bought a BLU 5.0 LTE unlocked phone from amazon.ca to use with my FIDO sim card. Unfortunately it seems the data connection does not work, while in theory it should. does it require any particular setting of the "access point names"?

My phone phone operates in these bands

GSM: 850/900/1800/1900

3G: UMTS 850/1700/1900/2100

4G: LTE 1700/2600

for the rest it works perfectly, but if the internet does not work I will change the operator.

thanks for clarifications!

Accepted Solution

Re: data settings on BLU LTE

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

@miguebec wrote:

Hello

I've just bought a BLU 5.0 LTE unlocked phone from amazon.ca to use with my FIDO sim card. Unfortunately it seems the data connection does not work, while in theory it should. does it require any particular setting of the "access point names"?

for the rest it works perfectly, but if the internet does not work I will change the operator.

Hello Miguebec,

Welcome to the forums!

You're right, it does seem like that phone should be capable of data. It has all of the compatible bands/frequencies for 2G and '3G'. In addition, it has two of the three compatible bands/frequencies for LTE. You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here. The caveat when a phone doesn't have all of the compatible bands/frequencies is that coverage may be limited depending on the bands/frequencies of the surrounding towers, but band 4 (1700/2100MHz) is the more widely used band so coverage should not be an issue.

Have you verified that you are using the correct APN? Since it is a LTE device, it should be using ltemobile.apn. You can verify those settings here.

**edit**  Have you tried turning on roaming? I'm not sure where the target market for that phone is originally. Some phones might think they are roaming if they are outside their target area. However, you won't be charged roaming if in using a Fido SIM on the Fido network. You will have to remember to turn roaming off when you travel outside of Canada, though.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@miguebec wrote:

Hello

Hello Miguebec,

Welcome to the forums!

You're right, it does seem like that phone should be capable of data. It has all of the compatible bands/frequencies for 2G and '3G'. In addition, it has two of the three compatible bands/frequencies for LTE. You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here. The caveat when a phone doesn't have all of the compatible bands/frequencies is that coverage may be limited depending on the bands/frequencies of the surrounding towers, but band 4 (1700/2100MHz) is the more widely used band so coverage should not be an issue.

Have you verified that you are using the correct APN? Since it is a LTE device, it should be using ltemobile.apn. You can verify those settings here.

**edit**  Have you tried turning on roaming? I'm not sure where the target market for that phone is originally. Some phones might think they are roaming if they are outside their target area. However, you won't be charged roaming if in using a Fido SIM on the Fido network. You will have to remember to turn roaming off when you travel outside of Canada, though.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

miguebec
I'm a Participant Level 2

thanks the solution worked well!