data plan block call text

SOLVED
michee
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi I would like to block the call/text on both my data plans how would I do that? Also would it cost money to block it?

Accepted Solution

Re: data plan block call text

Solved by Moderator

Hey @michee

Welcome to the Community. Smiley 

KAPABLE-K is correct that these kinds of plans are usually meant for tablets and internet devices. However, we can take a closer look into setting up certain restrictions on the line with you. 

I'll send you a PM so we can check out the details together! 

View solution in context
11 REPLIES 11
lips

Hi

I need cellular voice and text service blocked as well.  Please PM me.

Thanks!

PM coming your way @lips! Smiley 

ek66
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Hi FidoNick, could you please help me with the same thing - to block calls and texts on my 3GB data-only line?

Apprecciated.

FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey @ek66 ,

Sending a PM your way to help with this! 

FidoFaiza

Just want to clarify, it's possible for us to block certain type of usage on the data-only lines and there is no charge for doing so. 

cornelf1
I'm a Participant Level 1

can you help me with this? I have a data only plan and I use it with my old iphone 6, i need to block all calls and sms to avoid extra charges. I found out about *33*pin# and tried with my SIM pin, but I get an error. 

Hey @cornelf1!

We can definitely help out Smiley

We got your PM and we'll get back to you over there!

KAPABLE-K
MVP

@michee there is no way for Fido to block it, the data only plans are meant to be used on tablets any other use would be at your own risk, just do not give out the number attached to the data plan and you shoudn't have to worry about calls. Incoming texts are free just the out going you will be charged.

michee

Android comes with an app called hangout which has SMS integrated into it. So even tablets come with text as for calls I don't think it's an issue but it might be due to text being a problem.

michee

I found this post which implies you can disable call/text

http://forums.fido.ca/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/NonTechnical/thread-id/20410

Hey @michee

Welcome to the Community. Smiley 

KAPABLE-K is correct that these kinds of plans are usually meant for tablets and internet devices. However, we can take a closer look into setting up certain restrictions on the line with you. 

I'll send you a PM so we can check out the details together!