change primary email on phone

SOLVED
tolady
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hello everyone;

Can anyone tell me how to change the primary email on my phone, Galaxy Mini 4. Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Re: change primary email on phone

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

Hello Tolady,

Welcome to the community!

I assume you have already added multiple emails on your phone. If not, you might have to add another email that you can set to default (primary). To add an additional email try: Email --> Menu --> Settings --> Add Account.

To change default email, there could be a couple of different methods depending on exact version of android, try:

1. Email --> Menu --> Settings --> Set Default email

2. Email --> Menu --> Settings --> Select email address that you want as primary --> Set as Default

3. Email --> Menu --> Settings --> Manage Accounts --> Menu --> Set Default Account

If those options do not work, you can try to refer to the user's manual found here.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello Tolady,

Welcome to the community!

I assume you have already added multiple emails on your phone. If not, you might have to add another email that you can set to default (primary). To add an additional email try: Email --> Menu --> Settings --> Add Account.

To change default email, there could be a couple of different methods depending on exact version of android, try:

1. Email --> Menu --> Settings --> Set Default email

2. Email --> Menu --> Settings --> Select email address that you want as primary --> Set as Default

3. Email --> Menu --> Settings --> Manage Accounts --> Menu --> Set Default Account

If those options do not work, you can try to refer to the user's manual found here.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers