can't top up my account with my TD Visa

SOLVED
djpaul69
I'm a Participant Level 2

I can purchase thousands of dollars worth of things from various websites with the exact same card as I'm trying to top up my fido account with but you wont accept my card? no I wont call or buy a voucher its 2015 this is unacceptible and I'll be changing to another provider

Accepted Solution

Re: can't top up my account with my TD Visa

Solved by Former Moderator FidoAlyson

Really sorry about that Bubsy2015.

Although it is an accepted method of payment, it is right that it will not work to top up your prepaid account. 

You can use any other Canadian credit card with no problem Smiley

View solution in context
7 REPLIES 7
FidoSolutions

Hi djpaul69,

And did you contact TD to see what might be the problem?

Also, is it a Visa debit? I'm asking because this isn't an accepted method of refill.

Let me know!

Thanks,

-Faiza

markthefart
I'm a Participant Level 1

I think she did state that it's a VISA debit from the beginning. I find this so annoying as well. I'm a prepaid customer and would like to re-fill using VISA debit. Why, in 2015, can you not accept VISA debit cards? This doesn't make sense to me. Also, if you go to the VISA website, it shows fido.ca listed as one of the participating retailers which ACCEPT VISA debit (not only regular old fashioned visa cards). Like, seriously?? Get with the program! 

djpaul69

are you sure about that?

Fido.ca is now listed under Visa's official list of merchants who accept VISA Debit.

Source:  http://www.visa.ca/en/personal/visa-debit-card/visa_debit_merchants.jsp

your website is constantly broken, I couldn't sign in for over two hours last night. I'm not contacting my bank because this is an issue on your end. My card is in perfecting working order along with my bank account and your website recognizes my card as a Visa when I enter it. Even the messages I get when it fails are inconsistent, one minute it will tell me to contact my bank, the next it says "Sorry! Your request cannot be completed at this time. Please try again later."

Hi again djpaul69. Smiley

I would need to forward this to our technical support team. I'll send you another private message!

Bubsy2015

I am having the same issue, and I was told that Visa Debit did work, but it would seem it doesn't for Prepaid.....

I know it's not really your fault that Visa Debit is pretty much useless in Canada but I don't get why it is listed as an accepted vendor for Visa Debit when clearly it is not....and when I confirmed via facebook with one of your reps I was told it was.  

Really sorry about that Bubsy2015.

Although it is an accepted method of payment, it is right that it will not work to top up your prepaid account. 

You can use any other Canadian credit card with no problem Smiley

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi djpaul69.

We definitely don't want to see you go. Sad

In order to refill using a credit card, you will need to register your credit card to your prepaid account. It is important that the name and address on the account match the name and address of the cardholder.

Also, if it has been more than 6 months since your last refill, you would need to speak with a customer service representative to refill.

That said, I'll send you a private message so we can look into this together. 

Talk to you soon! Smiley