can't send text or use net

SOLVED
YJM
I'm a Participant Level 2

HI

i just switched from chatr to fido but can't send text or use data..

plz tell me the solution. i m really regretting on switching to fido.

Accepted Solution

Re: can't send text or use net

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

@YJM wrote:

HI

***Edited to add labels***

Hello YJM,

Welcome to the community!

If you were able to use your phone on Chatr, then it should be compatible with the networks since both Fido and Chatr use the Rogers networks. Is the phone unlocked?

The likely issue causing your problems is an incorrect APN (Chatr uses chatrweb.apn). If your phone is not capable of LTE, is should be using fido-core-appl1.apn. On the other hand, if your phone is capable of LTE, is should be using ltemobile.apn. You can verify the correct settings here

**edit** You might also consider verifying whether your SMS message centre number is correct. It should be: +1-514-993-1123 **

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@YJM wrote:

HI

***Edited to add labels***

Hello YJM,

Welcome to the community!

If you were able to use your phone on Chatr, then it should be compatible with the networks since both Fido and Chatr use the Rogers networks. Is the phone unlocked?

The likely issue causing your problems is an incorrect APN (Chatr uses chatrweb.apn). If your phone is not capable of LTE, is should be using fido-core-appl1.apn. On the other hand, if your phone is capable of LTE, is should be using ltemobile.apn. You can verify the correct settings here

**edit** You might also consider verifying whether your SMS message centre number is correct. It should be: +1-514-993-1123 **

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP

@YJM What phone are you using and did you get it from Fido or you brought your own phone?

If you brought your own phone you need to configure it for use with Fido for full details on how to configure an unlocked phone please see here.

YJM

thanks for help... I called the call centre and they rebooted my settings and now it workd...