can't delete visual voicemail messages on iPhone 6

SOLVED
kh604
I'm a Participant Level 3

Hello,

I have two voicemail messages in my visual voicemail on my iPhone 6 and when I go to delete them, they disappear for a few seconds and then the screen refreshes and they poof back into existence.

Any ideas on how to clear/delete them for good? I've tried hard rebooting the phone and that doesn't fix it... same problem still exists.

Accepted Solution

Re: can't delete visual voicemail messages on iPhone 6

Solved by I'm a Participant Level 3 kh604

So weirdly... it has fixed itself. What happened is that I got a new voicemail. When I had listened to it, I went to delete all the existing messages (now 3, the initial undeletable 2 and the new one) and when deleted, the "Deleted messages" category was created and I was able to go into it and permanently delete all 3 messages that I now had.

So apparently the issue was that deleting the two existing messages wasn't getting to the stage where those messages ended up in a "Deleted messages" section/state/whatever. Not sure how they ended up in that type of limbo or why a new incoming voicemail "reset" things but yeah, problem solved.

View solution in context
6 REPLIES 6
FidoKenny

Hey @kh604 Smiley

I would like to do some tests with you concerning your voicemail.

I'm sending you a PM now. Talk to you soon.

kh604

So weirdly... it has fixed itself. What happened is that I got a new voicemail. When I had listened to it, I went to delete all the existing messages (now 3, the initial undeletable 2 and the new one) and when deleted, the "Deleted messages" category was created and I was able to go into it and permanently delete all 3 messages that I now had.

So apparently the issue was that deleting the two existing messages wasn't getting to the stage where those messages ended up in a "Deleted messages" section/state/whatever. Not sure how they ended up in that type of limbo or why a new incoming voicemail "reset" things but yeah, problem solved.

kh604

I don’t have any deleted voicemails showing.

And Reset Network Settings did nothing, sadly. The problem persists. 

@kh604 try restarting your phone.

kh604

I’ve already tried that, as per my first message. 

FidoManuel
Former Moderator

Hi @kh604!

There's a few things that you can try to get that message deleted. 

First can you look at your ''deleted voicemail mesages'' it's at the bottom of your visual voicemail.
If it's full, you might have to clear some room in order to delete your visual voicemail message. 

If that doesn't resolve the problem, reset your network settings. 

Let me know how that goes for you!