can't call or receive calls

themoi
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hey, I can't call or receive any calls with my phone, but I can text. Whenever I try calling others, the call just ends

15 REPLIES 15
Sambarber
I'm a Participant Level 2

This is horrible! How long has this been happening? I can't receive or make calls ! My 3G internet works I can surf , I can text and receive text but no calls ! I am in Montreal
aldovera17

Are you guys using Samsung S6 Edge devices? If so, it probably has to do with the update 5.1.1.

I am having the same problem, too.

marcomk1
I'm a Participant Level 3

same with my s6 since the 5.1.1 "update" was pushed to my phone.took several customer service calls to both fido and samsung.neither seemed to be admitting there is a serious problem until i joined this forum.

Fido9196

to whom it may concer,

my phone can't call and receive calls. please repair it asap.

Hello everyone,

Are any of you still experiencing issues making calls or sending texts? If so, what steps have have you taken so far in an attempt to resolve the issue?

Any additional information would be appreciated, such as phone model, when the problem started, Any message displayed on home screen (SOS, Fido, so on), if the issue is occurring in a specific location, etc.  

thanks,

AHS5

This has just recently started happening to me to. I am unable to receive incoming calls or make out-going calls.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4. A network error occurs when I try phone calls. I am in Winnipeg.

We have tried everything from taking it into Fido, trying a different sim card, factory reset... And none have fixed the problem.

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @AHS5 & welcome to the Community!

Does this happen everywhere, or only in specific locations? Was your SIM card tested in a different phone, or did you just test a different SIM in your phone?

Let me know!

AHS5

Hi FidoMaria!

It happens everywhere. We did not test my SIM card in a different phone. We only tested a different SIM in my phone.

- AHS5

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Right now, the next step would be to give your SIM card a try in another Fido phone. 

If you don't have one handy, you can pass by a Fido store to test it in a demo phone. 

Let us know what happens!

Martunia1207

Hey since yesterday night i can't call, receive calls or text, my bf have the same problem we both have iphones 4&4S so i don't think it is a problem with phones at the same time please help me phone is a thing that i need cery much.Thank you.
fidouser12

yes i've been having the same problem too since yesterday - for technical support, I'm supposed to "call" but I can't. It seems all the apps are working but text messaging and phone calls are not. how does this get fixed?

What City are you two located?

spoymenov

Hi, same happen to me today. started around morning time when noticed missing calls come as msg missed calls. then after 5pm couldnt make any calls out or recieve any calls

tsherron

This happening to me as well. I received a call at 7:30 pst and since have not been able to get anything but texts. Lots of minutes left.I just get three beeps and the call ends.

tsherron

Seems to be fixed now!!!