SOLVED
paeansanchez
I'm a Participant Level 2

calling 411

Hi I dont know why theres a charge for calling 411 

Accepted Solution

Re: calling 411

Solved by Fido Employee afterthefact

Hi,  there is a charge for calling 411 because that service is not owned or operated by Fido.  When you call 411 you are dealing with Yellow Pages directory service and they set the fees.  Remember, you can always look up the information yourself online and save yourself the charges that happen when you call by phone.

View solution in context
6 REPLIES 6
afterthefact
Fido Employee

Hi,  there is a charge for calling 411 because that service is not owned or operated by Fido.  When you call 411 you are dealing with Yellow Pages directory service and they set the fees.  Remember, you can always look up the information yourself online and save yourself the charges that happen when you call by phone.

FidoKenny

Hey @paeansanchez and welcome to the Community Smiley

A call made to 411 is $3.50

There is a charge attached to that type of call.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Vishaul

Fido should give customers the ability to block calls to 411, it's obviously doable ATT have that option, Fido kickback from the scheme has got to be lucrative for them to not give us the choice.

Kinda like the SMS short code scam

http://www.itbusiness.ca/news/watchdog-wants-crtc-to-tackle-sms-short-codes/16432

MCB_52
I'm a Contributor Level 1

411 is pre-programmed into the Contacts list of all Fido phones.

Delete the 411 contact in your phonebook and you will never accidentally dial the number again.

Vishaul

it's not in the contact list, it's my 90 year old grandma that pocket dial 411, I don't understand why Rogers/Fido does not give customers the ability to block this number that cost $3.50 to dial, we will probably end up canceling the line since it's not worth the aggravation, taking advantage of seniors seem to be common business practice these days.

MCB_52
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Hi Vishaul,

It must be in her Contacts (usually due to the alphabetical nature of the contacts' list, it's the first one before A). The reason we know? Because if she is accidentally dialling 4-1-1, she must also be pocket-dialing 2-1-1, 3-1-1 or even, 9-1-1. I can assure you that if she 'accidentally' dialed 9-1-1, you'd have heard about it from your local law enforcement and action would have been taken with 90-year-old Grandma for the error.

So, you can't truthfully say that the 411 contact isn't in her phone, because it's too uncanny that she would only accidentally dial these precise 3 digits. . . You can't blame Fido/Rogers for this.