call forwarding charges

call forwarding charges

call forwarding charges

gijos
I'm a Participant Level 2

call forwarding charges

So apparently i cant decline a call anymore or i will get charged.... wow fido seriously!!! wow... I have never ever had this problem with any other company, truly regret signing a contract with you guys.

4 REPLIES 4
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello Gijos,

Welcome to the community!

Were you travelling a the time? It's my understanding that if you decline a call while roaming, the call gets forwarded to your voicemail via a foreign network. That's why there are roaming charges when you decline a call from abroad. On the other hand, if you let the calls ring through, they get forwarded to voicemail via the Fido/Rogers network.

I am unaware of any charges if you decline a call while you're on the Fido/Rogers network. I guess I never considered it since I have unlimited calling. Are your charges for decline a call, airtime, while on the Fido/Rogers network?

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

gijos
I'm a Participant Level 2

I was in Toronto the whole time last month, and i even checked the missed calls i had and they are all from Toronto as well. But yeah i don't have unlimited so i guess I have to deal with this now, I really hope you guys would remove this.

Hello again,

Just to clarify, what are the charges you're seeing? Do you live in Toronto? That is, is your phone number based in Toronto? Also, do you have voicemail? Are your calls forwarded to your voicemail or to another number?

Unless calls are forwarded to your Fido Voice Messaging service, Call Forward minutes are always charged at a pay per use rate unless you have a Call Forwarding add-on. They never deduct from the minutes included in your monthly plan. ~ taken from here.

Do you have a prepaid or postpaid plan?

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Hey @gijos!

We never heard back, are the charges for call forwarding?

There should be no charge if you're simply rejecting a call, unless you're travelling outside of Canada.