buying iphone 5 with my fido dollars...

I'm a Participant Level 2 nfl1
I'm a Participant Level 2

buying iphone 5 with my fido dollars...

i have voice data 2 year contract already. got pretty good deal through retentions (45$ worth more).

My question is, if I buy new iphone 5 with fido dollars can i just continue with my contract? I hope so.

Accepted Solution

Re: buying iphone 5 with my fido dollars...

@daijiro wrote:

@carolynbadger24 wrote:

I have Fido dollars and a Fido site claims that it will give a trade-in option for an i-phone. Can the 2 amounts be used to purchase an i-phone 5?

I would like to know this as well.  Would like to use my fido dollars and trade in my 3gs for the iphone 5.  My contracts has be expired for a couple month already so I would be signing up for another 3 year Agreement.  I would be paying next to nothing if I could do this.

Hello daijiro and all those with the same question,

Here is some clarification:

1. You can use your FidoDollars when you purchase a handset

2. The above statement is true whether you buy with an agreement or without

3. Purchasing handset at full price while using FidoDollars is better done at Fido store/kiosk directly.  Retailers tend to refuse the transaction as per their specific store policy and/or practice.

4. You can do "FidoTrade" only at participating stores (generally fido store/kiosk) and use the credit recieved towards new handset

4. There is a 25$ administration fee when you get a new handset.  This is applied whether with or without agreement. Fido$$ cannot be used towards this fee. (Fee is deemed under administration costs and not tied to hardware cost)

I hope this clarifies all questions and concerns!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 12
I'm a Participant Level 2 brencan1
I'm a Participant Level 2

I was able to trade in my iPhone 4 and use my fido dollars, with 4 months left on my old contract and get a new contract with a better deal. Fido rocks!
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 12
Highlighted
Fido Employee Kayla_Fido
Fido Employee
Solution

@daijiro wrote:

@carolynbadger24 wrote:

I have Fido dollars and a Fido site claims that it will give a trade-in option for an i-phone. Can the 2 amounts be used to purchase an i-phone 5?

I would like to know this as well.  Would like to use my fido dollars and trade in my 3gs for the iphone 5.  My contracts has be expired for a couple month already so I would be signing up for another 3 year Agreement.  I would be paying next to nothing if I could do this.

Hello daijiro and all those with the same question,

Here is some clarification:

1. You can use your FidoDollars when you purchase a handset

2. The above statement is true whether you buy with an agreement or without

3. Purchasing handset at full price while using FidoDollars is better done at Fido store/kiosk directly.  Retailers tend to refuse the transaction as per their specific store policy and/or practice.

4. You can do "FidoTrade" only at participating stores (generally fido store/kiosk) and use the credit recieved towards new handset

4. There is a 25$ administration fee when you get a new handset.  This is applied whether with or without agreement. Fido$$ cannot be used towards this fee. (Fee is deemed under administration costs and not tied to hardware cost)

I hope this clarifies all questions and concerns!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 12