block incoming, outgoing calls and outgoing SMS

jknets
I'm a Participant Level 3

Good morning. I got a 3GB data plan and would like to turn off all call and messaging functionality. I only want to use it for data. I've been trying to call *611 but I've been on hold for very long periods of time. Would someone be able to assist me here? I would appreciate any information you can provide. Thank you so much. 

8 REPLIES 8
FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey jknets!

Welcome to the Community! 

We would need to access your account for this. We'll send you a PM shortly. 

Talk to you soon!

mccarvill
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi. Can I please get help setting up a spam list / blocked list for text messages?

The first one I'd like to block is 32665, which spammed me today.

Thanks …

Hello Mccarvill,

This thread is regarding the blocking of all incoming and outgoing calls and SMS for individuals with data only plans. Since those plans have an associated phone number, they are capable of sending/receiving calls/SMS. The community members posting here wish to remove that functionality altogether from the plans.

If you would like to report SPAM SMS, you can copy and forward them to 7726 (SPAM; see here). Once audited and confirmed to be SPAM, they will hopefully be blocked on from the network. There is no personal SPAM list on an individual account basis.

However, in your case, 32665 appears to be the SMS short code for Facebook (see here). You should be able to text STOP to that code to have them cease. Alternatively, there should be settings in Facebook to stop receiving those SMS notifications. If that does not help, you might consider removing your phone number from your Facebook profile (see here).

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Hey @mccarvill!

We can't block numbers for you at this time. If you're receiving SPAM messages, you can forward them to the number 7726 (SPAM). This helps us keeping them in check Very_Happy

Some phones also allow you to block them from your messaging app. 

jknets

I've received the email. And I've filled out the form. Thank you. Hope it will be processed soon. Thanks so much. 

Thanks! Sending another PM your way. Smiley

jknets

Thank you so much for all your help. I appreciate the help of the moderators and members 

Have a great evening. 

jknets

Thank you so much. I haven't received any PM but I hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you!