blackberry

Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 2

blackberry

i want to see some of the new blackberry smartphones on fido. why the hell are you stuck on iphones and androids?! show some love for a canadian company! you are canadian as well, aren't you?

i've been a fido customer for over a decade and i probably will never leave because of my "cheap" plan. but i will never, ever buy an iphone!

i have the Q5 and i absolutely love it. and i think you are making a big mistake by not offering at least the blackberry classic!

Accepted Solution

Re: blackberry

Hi sal_67!

Thanks for your interest. We're constantly evaluating our phone selection and your feedback is certainly appreciated. We can simply say that new models are being tested on an on-going basis and are launched once they meet our strict quality standards.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi sal_67!

Thanks for your interest. We're constantly evaluating our phone selection and your feedback is certainly appreciated. We can simply say that new models are being tested on an on-going basis and are launched once they meet our strict quality standards.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted

When you say "strict quality standards," do you mean the samsungs that break (even shatter) when dropped a foot off the ground? Or the Iphones that wear out very easily and stop working properly after 3 months of regular use? Very nice standards!

My Q5 is still kicking butt after 7 months of high usage. Considering I got this phone for free, I feel like I ripped off Fido!
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

Sal-67 be happy. Blackberries depreciate so quickly on the used market that a nearly new Classic will be available soon for less then $200. That is the one real benefit of Blackberries. Great email and text devices plus since they're not coveted in the phone market you can snag one very cheaply.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted

sure. but that would mean that blackberry is in serious trouble financially.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

Actually blackberry has plenty of cash resources and their real assets are the patents they hold and their QNIX based OS which is much more secure then iOS and Android. Selling phones isn't the be all and end all for Blackberry.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 6