approaching data limit text notice

SOLVED
ynot348
I'm a Participant Level 2

I have 2 sons they are going over their data limit a lot lately ( they are away for the summer ) , I pay their bill , last week i was on fido chat and the rep. told me they should get a text message that they are approaching their data limit, with an option to buy 1 gig more for $15 or 300 MB more for $7.
both my sons assure me they have never gotten this text. why would they have not received the text from fido? , both of them?
fido charges me $5 for every 100 mb  they go over, that gets really pricey, I need for them to have the option to purchase more data before they go over ,
My fido account page says "we are working on it " when I try to add data to their accounts  ( this needs to be fixed )
fido will not let them add data after they have gone over their  data limit
can someone look into this for me please?
 I am deaf its either chat or this form ( no working tty)
thanks

Accepted Solution

Re: approaching data limit text notice

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

Hello Ynot348,

Welcome to the community!

First, it's important to note that data top-ups must be purchased before they've reached their monthly data limit (see here).

Additionally, you should aslo note that the top-ups are not available to everyone:

"Although most Fido customers are eligible, some customers with older plans and mobile broadband plans (e.g. for tablets) are not eligible." ~ taken from here.

Are your sons on older plans? You might consider sending a moderator a PM. They'll then be able to access your account to verify whether your sons' plans qualify for the top-ups

I understand the data passes being pricey and the limited number of top-ups can be frustrating. However, I think it's because they are only meant as an occasional measure. If people regularly go over their data, it would make more sense to increase their monthly allotment.

Hope this helps! Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
FidoChristina
Former Moderator

Hey @ynot348Smiley

I'll send you a PM so we can go over your options Very_Happy

Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello Ynot348,

Welcome to the community!

First, it's important to note that data top-ups must be purchased before they've reached their monthly data limit (see here).

Additionally, you should aslo note that the top-ups are not available to everyone:

"Although most Fido customers are eligible, some customers with older plans and mobile broadband plans (e.g. for tablets) are not eligible." ~ taken from here.

Are your sons on older plans? You might consider sending a moderator a PM. They'll then be able to access your account to verify whether your sons' plans qualify for the top-ups

I understand the data passes being pricey and the limited number of top-ups can be frustrating. However, I think it's because they are only meant as an occasional measure. If people regularly go over their data, it would make more sense to increase their monthly allotment.

Hope this helps! Smiley

Cheers

ynot348
I'm a Participant Level 2

thanks  I did send a pm to them and Im waiting to here back from them 

this  was needed only for the summer, till the end of sept actually, they don't usally go over ,wifi at home ,but they are ways for 3 months