android 6.0 update

android 6.0 update

android 6.0 update

SOLVED
Jaystephen
I'm a Participant Level 1

android 6.0 update

Android Marshmellow is out it's been a while now, when is fido planing on pushing the updates to their devices??

Accepted Solution

Re: android 6.0 update

Solved by Former Moderator FidoMaria

Hi Jaystephen & welcome to the Community. Smiley

You can check out our OS update schedule here.

Cheers!

View solution in context
6 REPLIES 6
Mia71
I'm a Participant Level 1

Google has released the list of products available for Marshmallow 6.0 and will not take the blame or responsibility for any service provider that doesn't offer the customer service and upgrades that everyone is entitled to receive. A list of service provider that neglects that last upgrade is requested by Google and all consumers needs to know the service providers like Fido that is failing in the customer service and keeping the customers updated.
zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

@Mia71 can you post the link to that list please? I find that rather interesting! Smiley

I would like to see that list also.

Proac
I'm Qualified Level 1

Updates are the responsibility of the manufacturer not Fido. Some are quick ( HTC) and some are slow ( Samsung) while others don't update anything but their newest devices. I received marshmallow before Xmas and knowing HTC is dedicated to updating their devices within 90 days of official release was one of the many reasons I went with an HTC.

zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

You didn't mention which device you have, but it should be pointed out that the manufacturer needs to provide the update in the first place. It's possible that there's no update for Fido to approve at this time.

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi Jaystephen & welcome to the Community. Smiley

You can check out our OS update schedule here.

Cheers!