ZTE Axon Model A1R Battery Problem?

SOLVED
Clifford88
I'm a Participant Level 2

Just wondering, I just got this new phone for about 2 weeks now. I noticed the battery doesn't last as long as my old Nexus 4. I had turned off most functions that drains the battery, however the phone just turns off as the battery reaches close to 30%. Is it an Android software problem? Or is it a hardware problem such as a faulty battery?

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: ZTE Axon Model A1R Battery Problem?

Solved by Former Moderator FidoMaria

Hi @Clifford88 & welcome to the Community!

The phone shutting off at 30% definitely doesn't sound right. You should bring it into a Fido store to have it checked out. If you've had the phone for less than 15 days and it's considered defective, you'll be able to exchange it (at the same point of sale). If it's been over 15 days, they'll be able to send the phone for repair. 

Let me know if you have any questions. Smiley

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
Clifford88
I'm a Participant Level 2

I got a replacement unit, and had been using it without any major issues for the last 3 months. Just on 2 occasions recently that the phone switched off itself (due to software updates???) in the middle of the night.

However, I am not sure if anyone else have problem with their ZTE Axon phone screen? There are 2 cracks that appeared on 2 corners of my screen on Monday, and there was no impact or whatsoever. The cracks appeared right at the edge where the metal casing meets the plastic casing (antenna). Not sure if it is a coincidence.

I will probably send it to the Fido Store so that they can check it out. 

Hi @Clifford88!

That's definitely odd. Bringing it into a Fido store is a good idea.

@Community, has anyone else experienced this?

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @Clifford88 & welcome to the Community!

The phone shutting off at 30% definitely doesn't sound right. You should bring it into a Fido store to have it checked out. If you've had the phone for less than 15 days and it's considered defective, you'll be able to exchange it (at the same point of sale). If it's been over 15 days, they'll be able to send the phone for repair. 

Let me know if you have any questions. Smiley