Xiaomi Mi4 Compatibility

Xiaomi Mi4 Compatibility

Xiaomi Mi4 Compatibility

SOLVED
ksato
I'm a Participant Level 2

Xiaomi Mi4 Compatibility

Hello,

I just want to make sure if this phone will work with Fido's network (before buying it from abroad). The device has the follow band:

4G: FDD-LTE: Band 1/3 ,TDD-LTE: Band 41

3G: WCDMA : 850/900/1900/2100MHz

2G: GSM : 850/900/1800/1900MHz

Accepted Solution

Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Compatibility

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

@ksato wrote:

Hello,

I just want to make sure if this phone will work with Fido's network (before buying it from abroad). The device has the follow band:

***Edited to add labels***

@FidoMaria wrote:

Hi ksato. Smiley

The phone would only be compatible with our 2G network.

Cheers!

Hello,

Just to clarify, according to those specifications, that phone has all of the compatible bands/frequencies for 2G and '3G' (WCDMA is synonymous with UMTS). With regards to LTE, FidoMaria was correct, there are no compatible LTE bands/frequencies. So that phone should work on the 2G and '3G' networks.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
9 REPLIES 9
FidoManuel
Former Moderator

Thanks for those details Cawtau!

bwong

Network Bands

4G

FDD-LTE
TD-LTE

B3 / B7
B38 / B39 / B40 / B41

3G

TD-SCDMA
WCDMA

1900 / 2000MHz
850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100MHz

2G

GSM

850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHz

What about this phone? is it compatible to FIDO 4G LTE network?

@bwong wrote:

Network Bands

4G

FDD-LTE
TD-LTE

B3 / B7
B38 / B39 / B40 / B41

3G

TD-SCDMA
WCDMA

1900 / 2000MHz
850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100MHz

2G

GSM

850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHz

What about this phone? is it compatible to FIDO 4G LTE network?

Hello Bwong,

Welcome to the forums!

According to those specifications, that phone has all of the bands/frequencies for both 2G and '3G'.

With regards to LTE, that phone has only one of the compatible bands/frequencies, band 7 or 2600MHz. You can verify the bands frequencies here.

So, providing the phone is unlocked, it should work fine on the 2G and '3G' networks. In addition, the phone would also work on the LTE network, however, coverage would depend on the frequencies of the surrounding towers.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

bwong

Hard to find any phone that matches all the LTD frequencies. Does B7 cover a good portion of the LTE network in BC? 

@bwong wrote:

Hard to find any phone that matches all the LTD frequencies. Does B7 cover a good portion of the LTE network in BC? 

Hello again,

You can try to get an idea of coverage from online cell tower mapping sites like here. However, I cannot vouch for the accuracy of such sites. If you click on individual towers, it will list the frequencies broadcast from the tower.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoMatt
Former Moderator

Hi Bwong, it's hard to say. It really depends on where you are but you probably won't have an optimal experience on LTE with only one band. 

Cawtau
Senior MVP

@ksato wrote:

Hello,

***Edited to add labels***

@FidoMaria wrote:

Hi ksato. Smiley

Cheers!

Hello,

Just to clarify, according to those specifications, that phone has all of the compatible bands/frequencies for 2G and '3G' (WCDMA is synonymous with UMTS). With regards to LTE, FidoMaria was correct, there are no compatible LTE bands/frequencies. So that phone should work on the 2G and '3G' networks.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi ksato. Smiley

Cheers!