Wrong timestamp on incoming short messages (Android 2.2)

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

Wrong timestamp on incoming short messages (Android 2.2)

Hello,

I recently started using my HTC Desire (which I brought with me from Europe; Android 2.2) with my new Fido SIM card.

The phone is set to the correct time zone and the "Synchronize time with network" switch is on.

Since the first day, all text messages are labeled to have arrived 4 hours earlier than they actually did (e.g. a msg arriving at 10:00 a.m. is labeled as 6:00 a.m.), which absolutely messes up the message history.

This has never happened before in another network, neither before in Canada when I was roaming with my German SIM card.

What could have caused this error? How can I resolve this?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solution

Re: Wrong timestamp on incoming short messages (Android 2.2)

Please use this application from Android Market to resolve your issue:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.mattprecious.smsfix
View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 5
Highlighted
Solution

Please use this application from Android Market to resolve your issue:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.mattprecious.smsfix
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted

So far it seems to work, thank you.

It's only kind of sad that I have to have another application running all the time, while the error could probably be fixed by just following international standards in the network. Not really a great advertisement for Fido 😞

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 5
I'm a Contributor Level 1
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I think this will only help people with Android phones, but this was the only really solution i found for my Galaxy S. SMS Time Fix from the Market only works while it's running, changing to manual instead of automatic in the Date and Time settings helps, but screws up the time in other places, like the Calendar app.

My solution was to download the Handscent app from the Market. Handscent replaces your default messaging app. It works great and it's free. Best of all, my messages now have the right time and are threaded properly.

It would be nice if Fido/Rogers could fix this problem so we wouldn't have to find our own third-party solutions, and non-Android users would also have a solution to this problem. But if you are an Android user, this is the best solution I've found, and I actually like the Handscent app better than the default Android messaging service.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted

Among other things, the WP7 has the same issue; timestamps on my LG Optimus Quantum are off by several hours. Is there an app for that on WP7, or is Rogers/Fido planning on following international standards anytime soon to support modern phones?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 5