Would Fido match freedom $50/mo 10GB plan if not I am porting to Telus

Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Would Fido match freedom $50/mo 10GB plan if not I am porting to Telus

hi, I am currently with fido paying $55/mo with 6GB on BYOP loyalty plan, so I seen freedom, fido ,rogers, bell, and Telus advertising get $60/mo 10GB permenantly, but recently freedom dropped $10 more to settle at $50/mo for 10GB permenantly so can fido match freedom $50/mo 10GB permenantly or they can't??, if fido can match only $60/mo 10GB permenantly then I am porting to Telus for $60/mo 10GB permanently and get way better coverage than fido. Please let me know by today. I can be reached at 6047169176. Thanks 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 13
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Would Fido match freedom $50/mo 10GB plan if not I am porting to Telus

Hey @Aj76,

You'll find all the details regarding our Holideals right here

Our $60 BYOP plans comes with 10 GB (5 GB is part of the plan and the other 5 GB is a bonus offered permanently, as loon as you keep the same plan).

If you haven't already messaged us on Facebook or Twitter I invite you to do so we can complete the change for you. 

Thanks! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 13
Highlighted

but you guys have it for $60/mo and Telus has better coverage and unlimited North America roaming feature as well for $60/mo and they have the 10GB permanent as well , so if you do not match freedom price that used to be $60/mo 10GB and now $50/mo I am porting to the King Telus. Please keep me posted as of today I already switched to the $60/mo with fido effective Dec 27th but I found out that freedom dropped to $50/mo so I need to get $10 to match freedom to keep me as fido loyal customer since I am currently on loyalty $55/mo plan . The $10 can be applied as Good Well if not on the main plan price $60/mo 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 13
Highlighted

@Aj76 demanding are we, the promotion all the big carriers are having is $60 for 10gb, Fido 10gb is now permanent as well. Telus is not offering unlimited North American with this plan either.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 13
Highlighted

Telus were able to offer me that when I called them so they said we can do that for you tohave you as a customer. So if you give me $50/mo 10GB permanent I will stick with fido so the $10 difference cover the lose of the singal lose from fido comparing to Telus 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 13
Highlighted

What you are saying dosen't make any sense if you are getting the plan for $10 less with Telus who is according to you the king and have better signal why not just go with Telus.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 13
Highlighted
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Aj76,

Fido rarely price match plans. Occasionally they might offer a promotion in response to another offer. I am doubtful that they would be willing to match Freedom's offer. While Freedom's network has improved, their network is still not as robust and their coverage is limited by Home and Away networks. Are you aware of the limitations on the Away networks for that plan? Expecting a provider to match the price of a plan offering lesser services is not reasonable.

It's curious that you don't intend to switch to Freedom if Fido cannot match their plan. I suspect it's because their coverage is likely worse than Fido/Rogers in your area and/or your phone does not have the necessary band/frequency for LTE. 

I don't understand why you don't switch to Telus? If I remember correctly, Telus does have more cellular towers in your area. That's not to say that their coverage is better than Fido/Rogers overall. It just depends on your situation and where you're located. Though, it doesn't seem like it's an issue for yourself considering you would rather stay with Fido.

It's admirable to want to stay with Fido, however, this convoluted price match is off the wall.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 13
Highlighted

First is first show me some respect and stop quoting me with ( what I am saying make no sense), second I did not say i am switching to freedom $50/mo 10GB I said I am switching to Telus since Telus has $60/mo 10GB and they are willing to give me unlimited NA roaming and fido has same $60/mo 10GB with low reception compared to Telus reception, so I said to have me as fido loyal customer I need to see some discount and that discount is the price difference between fido and freedom plans or I will port to. Telus since fido and Telus has same $60/mo + a fabulous Telus offer of unlimited  NA roaming and fido charges some fees on roaming . 

So,please before quoting me I do not make sense of what I say, concentrate on what I say please, $50/mo still an excellent share of the pie and fido still making money on that 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 13
Highlighted
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Aj76 wrote:... concentrate on what I say please...
@Aj76 wrote:

...but recently freedom dropped $10 more to settle at $50/mo for 10GB permenantly so can fido match freedom $50/mo 10GB permenantly or they can't??...

Hello again,

I know you're switching to Telus. That's the whole point! You can't price match something that doesn't suit your needs.

You might consider verifying the unlimited NA roaming with Telus. Are you sure it might not have been unlimited NA calling? They do not have any options for unlimited roaming...

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 13
Highlighted

yes I was at Telus store and they asked me who is your provider now I said fido and this much I pay now and they said to have you as a customer we will be able to give you unlimited NA roaming in the $60/mo 10GB package to have you as a new customer that's why I said give me the $10 discount and I will stay with fido as I do do too much roaming currently, but it's a fabulous feature to have it included when needed , now fido charging me $7/a day for roaming to the USA see what I am saying 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 13