Worst customer service experience.

SOLVED
MiaPears
I'm a Participant Level 1

There have been points in my time with Fido where I have been unhappy and left with a poor experience but never to the extent of this one. 

I upgraded my phone very recently to a newer phone and more expensive "loyalty" plan. The entire experience in store was less than ideal as the customer service representative was on his personal cell phone the entire time, was the only person working and never said a word to me. Although she was not at all receptive to my feedback about my in-store experience, I continued with the conversation. 

I just received my phone bill with an outrageous data overage charge of $90.00 for a mere 4 GB of data. Confused as previously I was charged $10 a GB, I chatted customer service to find out what had changed. She informed me that I was supposed to be told that in store by the agent who sold me the contract. I informed her of my experience and let her know that I was never aware of this incredibly steep jump in price. Thinking I would be offered a resolve, I eagerly checked my phone when I received an email from fido where I was greeted by a title letting me know that my plan had been changed. 

In the midst of "helping" me, the agent mistakenly changed my plan instead of another customer's. Although I believe mistakes happen, I have now been faced with the responsibility of checking my phone plan to ensure I end up with the same plan I had before chatting customer service. The agent was not at all empathetic with her mistake, especially considering this was not something I consented to and can be perceived as a breach of contract. 

Knowing I was quite frustrated, I phoned their customer service and spoke to someone who claimed to be a direct supervisor.  I very calmly let him know what had happened and his sole response to me was that my plan was going to be fixed. Yet again, another agent not being receptive to the feedback I was giving about their customer service which is something they should take very seriously especially for a customer who is facing problems because of two issues that arose from two mistakes from separate agents. 

I am still left without a resolve for an insane data charge that I was supposed to be made aware of in the moment and another check in the books of Fido's terrible customer service. I made the conscious decision to upgrade my phone with this company one more time giving them one more chance to leave someone with a positive experience but I assure you that it will not happen again. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Worst customer service experience.

Solved by Moderator

Hey @MiaPears

Welcome to the Community! 

I'm sad to learn that you had a negative experience while upgrading your phone and changing your plan. It's definitely not what we want for our customers and I can also totally understand how receiving a higher bill than expected can be an unpleasant situation. 

I would like to take a closer look into your account to make sure all of this gets sorted out for you. I'll send you a PM right away so we can check it out together. Smiley 

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
FidoPierre

Hey @MiaPears

Welcome to the Community! 

I'm sad to learn that you had a negative experience while upgrading your phone and changing your plan. It's definitely not what we want for our customers and I can also totally understand how receiving a higher bill than expected can be an unpleasant situation. 

I would like to take a closer look into your account to make sure all of this gets sorted out for you. I'll send you a PM right away so we can check it out together. Smiley