Worst customer service experience (unknown data usage)

Joseph_Lau
I'm a Participant Level 3

I was told that I used 600 MB data in one night while my phone's data function was turned off. My phone has record of the data usage and the amount of usage by individual app. It didn't show any usage for the above mentioned 600 MB. I called several times, on-line chat, brought my phone to the store to show the staff that my phone didn't show the usage of that 600 MB. No one would like to solve my problem. What kind of customer service??????

**Edited title for clarity

7 REPLIES 7
FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Welcome to the community @Joseph_Lau!  Smiley

Sorry to hear you felt as if we didn't want to help. I assure you our job is to always make sure our customer's requests are resolved.

In regards of your usage, the data usage that shows on the Fido My Account app may be different on your phone depending on several aspects. From the Fido MyAccount app, it won't be possible to reset the data unless your billing cycle has been reset. There are many variables that can explain why the data app usage doesn't show on your phone settings such as manually resetting the counter or if the cycle you inserted just passed.  That will explain why it shows there was data usage on our side and not on the app.

The MyAccount app also has a small delay before the usage is updated which will explain why the usage changed even after you shut off the mobile data. I hope this clarifies everything.

If you need help changing your plan as your plan no longer suits your needs, let us know, we'll be glad to send you a PM to check your options out. 

Joseph_Lau

I am very very upset that everyone like you to find some reason for excuse. No one like to find out the real fact for the 600 MB data flow in one night when my phone's data function was turned off. The reason you provided was misleading. I didn't reset the counter. My phone keeps the past months record even the cycle passed. I set the phone's usage cycle the same as the billing cycle. I believe the 600 MB data usage was not from my phone.

Hi @Joseph_Lau,

Let me send you a PM to look into it. 

Talk soon!

Joseph_Lau

This is the solution advised by Terry:

'If you need help changing your plan as your plan no longer suits your needs, let us know, we'll be glad to send you a PM to check your options out. '

That means my existing plan can charge me 600 MB data usage in one night when my phone's data function is off. There may be some other plan that don't have such charges!!!!!

Hi again, @Joseph_Lau!

I see that we sent you a PM to look into it but didn't receive a reply. Please reply to our PM if you wish to discuss this. 

Thanks Smiley

Joseph_Lau

I have spent a few hours talking to more than 5 CSR. Everyone just provided me some misleading assumption. Please let me have the following answers, then I will talk to yor PM.

1. Is it possible I can use the data function when the phone's Cellular data function is set to 'off'?

2. My phone has the Data Usage record for each billing cycle. Please tell me why there was no record of the 600MB data usage. (The Record shows I used 16.02 MB from Jan 22 - Feb 21, which includes 4.29 MB used by Android OS and the 11.73 MB used by 15 other Apps.) There are still records for previous months.

3. If you 100% assure that the 600 MB was used by me even my phone's data function was turned off and there is no Data Usage record in my phone, please let me know where the data went to and came from, which web-site.

Thanks for taking care of my case!

Hi again @Joseph_Lau,

I see that we contacted you PM's but never received a reply.

To answer your questions:

1) It's not possible to use the data if the Cellular Data function is Off from your phone.

2) Unfortunately, I can't answer that without accessing your account. Once you get your bill, you will see how much data was used on each date. 

3) For privacy reasons, we don't know what websites were accessed from your phone. As aforementionned, you will see on your bill the dates with the amount of data.

Thanks!