Worst customer service experience EVER

SupraGT
I'm a Participant Level 2

I had called into Fido today as I was offered a better deal from another provider. As well, my 1GB bonus offer had just ended after 12 months. Being a Fido customer for years, I decided to see what my retention offers were. Instead of being treated with loyalty and respect, I was brushed off by a rep who was ignorant and wasn’t helping me at all as she welcomed me to go anywhere else and that they could not offer anything more. I felt like as if she wasn’t even trying to listen to me and was just trying to avoid and get rid of me as if I was talking to myself. It was not like I was giving her a hard time time or anything. I was nice to her throughout the conversation and did not even express any frustration nor anger. I was just trying to see if they would either match the offer that I was being offered or at least have them extend the 1GB offer that I had. She even reiterated to me that I have the best market plan out there and that they could not do anything which was not true because I had friends and family who were offered more (in addition to the 10Gb for $60) which everyone switched and jumped into the bandwagon at the time it was offered. Apparently, she was from retentions and told me that I could call back and hopefully speak with someone else from another call centre. She even rudely reminded me of the 30 days notice to be able to port my number out to whomever my new provider was- how ridiculous! I decided to call in and give it another shot. I was able to reach a Manager. He didn’t make a difference at all but instead had literally told me off again and offered only 2GB temporarily for 2 months and advised me never to call in again. I refused his offer, given that this was only temporary and plus I was not desperate. I did not want to be guilted into a bait and switch scheme if you understand what I mean by this. This was overall the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced and maybe I shouldn’t even try to waste any of my time and I should just consider switching to the new provider who I’m certain can provide me with better service!

1 REPLY 1
FidoPierre

Hey @SupraGT

Welcome to the Community, 

This absolutely does not sound like the kind of experience we want any of our customers to go through. We really do value all of our customers especially appreciate those that have been with us for an extended period of time. 

We would hate to see you leave; I'll send you a PM from here so I can take a second look into the available options with you!