Worst change Fido has ever made!

Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 3
I'm Qualified Level 3

Worst change Fido has ever made!

Hi everyone! I want to stir up some conversation on your take of our country's wireless system and the worst changes made to you as a Fido customer. Simple point form will suffice, please also indicate if the change made had since been recitifed.

• Lost of per second billing, made Fido the name it is today. Still remember the ads when Fido tronce their per second billing is unique and a benefit to customers. Now its per minute billing for all.
  • Additional minutes used to cost 10cent back in the day, also unique to Fido back in the day, when competitors charge 25cent. Today overcharge minutes is 45cent.
  • Hardware Upgrade fee, why as a existing loyal customer we are docked $25 when we want a new phone by extending our contract? Its also eating into the Fidodollars savings that I have (current)
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 6
I'm Experienced Level 3
I'm Experienced Level 3

Re: Worst change Fido has ever made!

Ha, totally disagree. I would gladly give up the per-second billing and other minor changes in exchange for the HUGE positive changes. Back in those days, you had no free long distance, no free call display, no free voicemail, and the amount of minutes offered was far less than competitors per-minute plans so it really made no big difference.

To get all those features added onto the old per-second plans, you'd have to pay a LOT more than today. Sure it sounded all rosey, but in reality old plans were mostly very bad compared to today.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 6
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2

I think I still have per second billing on my gradfathered plan.  I have $25 150 daytime minutes, free evenings and weekends start at 5 pm, end 7 am, unlimited text and I add on call display/mini voicemail for $6 and add on $2 name display (which doesn't work most of the time).  My total bill often is $39 or so. 

I wish they would change voicemail to just voice greeting, and I could say, "you've reached SpiltBWater, I can see you called, if urgent send text".  I hate having to call voicemail, I tell everyone I know don't leave voicemail for me.  90% of the voicemail I get is telling me I won a free cruise. 

I hate the $25 upgrade fee.  I will never buy another phone at inflated markup to have to pay a $25 admin fee for being loyal to a brand.   I will go out of my way to avoid getting a phone through Fido.  I currently use Samsung Gio I bought in Europe for $75.  The biggest joke of the upgrade fee is it is charged same no matter the price.  So $150 phone has 17.5% admin fee added, and $500 phone has 5% admin fee added.  Sounds like a fair idea to me right Fido?  Perhaps a rethink of the fee and burying it into the price would be a better option, but then it would make the already inflated purchase price look that much worse?

I know I can get free long distance with a newer plan, but does anyone pay long distance anymore?  I talk to my brother in Ontario through VOIP with my phone and home WIFI.  I talked to my g/f every night when she was in Mexico through VOIP.  I wonder how long Canadian carriers will allow the long distence leakage to happen before they start offering a deal on long distance charges.  Paying Fido $0.40 cents per minute is LOL to talk long distance in Canada. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 6
Fido Employee sheedy17
Fido Employee

Id like to see an option of buying a phone at contract price + paying $50 to have it unlocked at time of activation   or pay full price, pay $50 and have it unlocked right there.... thatd be a good offer, the rules having to wait 3 months and such is crazy if you ask me

The $25 hardware fee I agree is a bit much

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 6
Former Moderator FidoAmandaH
Former Moderator

Hi sheedy17,
Just to let you know, if the phone is purchased at full price, you are able to unlock it right away. The 90 days wait only applies when the phone is purchased with a 2 year agreement Smiley

Click on the thumbs up image description of the photo to like a post or a fellow member of the community.

And don't forget to click Accept as Solution in the options drop-down menu once you've received the answer you were looking for; it'll help our community grow stronger.

Cliquez sur l'image du pouce en l'air description of the photo pour signifier votre appréciation d'un message ou d'un autre membre de la communauté.

Et n'oubliez pas de cliquer Accepté comme une solution dans les options du menu déroulant, lorsque vous aurez obtenu la réponse que vous recherchiez ; cela renforcera notre communauté.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 6
I'm Experienced Level 1
I'm Experienced Level 1

@Wufai wrote:

Hi everyone! I want to stir up some conversation on your take of our country's wireless system and the worst changes made to you as a Fido customer. Simple point form will suffice, please also indicate if the change made had since been recitifed.

• Lost of per second billing, made Fido the name it is today. Still remember the ads when Fido tronce their per second billing is unique and a benefit to customers. Now its per minute billing for all.
  • Additional minutes used to cost 10cent back in the day, also unique to Fido back in the day, when competitors charge 25cent. Today overcharge minutes is 45cent.
  • Hardware Upgrade fee, why as a existing loyal customer we are docked $25 when we want a new phone by extending our contract? Its also eating into the Fidodollars savings that I have (current)

AGREED

I would even BE Willing to GO BACK to the Yearly Licence Fee  $48.00 IF IT  Meant that the Upgrade FEE Would Be DEAD

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 6