Worst Experience with Call Centre Reps

bip1
I'm a Participant Level 1

Very irritated, annoyed and frustrated with the "customer service" I have received from the representatives at the call centre. I have two lines on my account with Fido and I dont receive the customer service any customer should deserve. How fitting

I incurred ~$85 in long distance charges due to a number I called that I thought was toll free. I accepted my wrong and will definitely pay the amount I owe. Unfortunately, the rep I had on the line was rude enough to assume that the reason I called was to simply to get a credit. No. Please dont just assume.  I do not want to be treated with attitude and arrogance over the phone, it is just very unprofessional. 

Although this call ended in him offering me a $30 GOODWILL credit. Im angry at how we got to this. First he offered a $20 goodwill credit, then he told me he can give $30. Okay so I took it, what a nice gesture right? No. I have been a loyal customer for over a decade, and as a gesture for your loyalty and goodness you have provided for fido, I'll give you a $30 credit. I asked if he can simply meet me half way ~$42.50. Boy was I wrong to even ask. He snapped at me and said along the lines "no this is all i can offer you based on your account and loyalty with us". $30 is not even half of what I pay enough, let alone the number of years I've been with this ridiculous company. I guess take it or leave it right? Loyalty and tenure apparently mean nothing. 

I'm frustrated by how fido representatives treat their "loyal" customers - i'm not even on a loyalty plan for goodness sakes. Please tell me what constitutes as loyalty to Fido, I would really like to know. 

3 REPLIES 3
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@bip1 wrote:

Very irritated, annoyed and frustrated with the "customer service" I have received from the representatives at the call centre. I have two lines on my account with Fido and I dont receive the customer service any customer should deserve. How fitting

I incurred ~$85 in long distance charges due to a number I called that I thought was toll free. I accepted my wrong and will definitely pay the amount I owe. Unfortunately, the rep I had on the line was rude enough to assume that the reason I called was to simply to get a credit. No. Please dont just assume.  I do not want to be treated with attitude and arrogance over the phone, it is just very unprofessional. 

Although this call ended in him offering me a $30 GOODWILL credit. Im angry at how we got to this. First he offered a $20 goodwill credit, then he told me he can give $30. Okay so I took it, what a nice gesture right? No. I have been a loyal customer for over a decade, and as a gesture for your loyalty and goodness you have provided for fido, I'll give you a $30 credit. I asked if he can simply meet me half way ~$42.50. Boy was I wrong to even ask. He snapped at me and said along the lines "no this is all i can offer you based on your account and loyalty with us". $30 is not even half of what I pay enough, let alone the number of years I've been with this ridiculous company. I guess take it or leave it right? Loyalty and tenure apparently mean nothing. 

I'm frustrated by how fido representatives treat their "loyal" customers - i'm not even on a loyalty plan for goodness sakes. Please tell me what constitutes as loyalty to Fido, I would really like to know. 

***Edited to add lables***

Hello Bip1,

May I ask why you called customer service? You seem adamant that you didn't call to get a credit, yet you are upset you did not get the amount of 'goodwill' you wanted.

Also, how much 'goodwill' do you think loyalty is worth? Is your loyalty worth more than anyone else's loyalty? There are so many people on here who think they should get off scotfree in the name of loyalty. I am sure companies appreciate their loyal customers, but it is still business. There is only so much 'goodwill' any business can accommodate.

Perhaps the person you spoke with could have dealt with the situation better. However, you should appreciate the amount of 'goodwill' you did receive. After all, you admit you called a number you thought was toll-free. It was not Fido's fault you didn't realise there was a cost for calling that number. They didn't have to exend any goodwill, yet they did.

Cheers

Celestetse
I'm a Participant Level 1

I do not think the goodwill is the main point. The main point is That The customer rep was very rude in the first place and that turned things to the worst! I am too a loyal customer of Fido and yet I have had very bad experience with Fido customer rep! Even though it is just busy but Fido should consider
Treating people better. Its funny does Fido listen to the recording because none of the rep I talked to were professional
FidoRachel
Former Moderator

Hi bip1,

Welcome to the Community! 

I understand it can get confusing sometimes! Whenever you have questions related to your Fido services, let us know we’re always happy to help.

The rep could’ve definitely handled the situation differently, or position it differently. I can assure you bip1 that your loyatly is important to us. Thanks for letting us know about this, we’ll look into it right away.