Wireless home phone - not receiving phone calls

angelheart
I'm a Participant Level 3

I have had the wireless home phone for a year or so. I don't always receive phone calls. I will be talking to someone and they will ask if i got their phone message, i would say no, when did you call and i can ABSOLUTELY say that i was home when the call came through. I put up with this for a while but now I am not anymore. It happens too frequently. I don't even know that their are messages there. I have an answering machine and i don't know why sometimes i get messages left on it - other times not, its on the Fido service. There is no consistency. I am fed up with this service! I don't understand - maybe i don't understand how this service is supposed to work?

5 REPLIES 5
angelheart

Hi fidoalison

There are 3 green lights on the modem. It is hooked up in the kitchen to my main phone base. I have cordless phone.

Thanks

Thanks @angelheart

Just wanted to check a few things with you. 

You mentioned that you don't always receive phone calls.

Have you missed any phone calls this past week?

We'd like to know how frequently does this happen?

Also, I'd suggest to try this test if you can 😃

Can you try to call your Home Phone from a different phone? When you do, does the call come in?

Thanks!

angelheart

Have not missed calls in past week (that i know of).

It is inconsistent which is the frustating thing. i never know when it will happen.

of course it works when i call.

We'll need examples to look into that. Keep us posted if it happens again! 

FidoAlyson
Former Moderator

Hey @angelheart 

Can you tell us how many lights are on your whp? Can you also let us know where it is set up in the house?