Wireless Home Phone - Known significant issue

hiluna
I'm a Participant Level 2

After wasting a bunch of time my own testing of Home Phone with interactive answering services. I talked to interactive support for half an hour then customer service for half an hour. They tried to make out it was my phone or was the people I was calling etc. etc., anything but Fido. Finally I get Technical Support (they refused to tell me how to call direct) and it is a known problem:

Home Phone ZTE modems DO NOT WORK properly when used with automated answering equipment, e.g. credit cards.

Why does it take so long to find out about a known problem.

4 REPLIES 4
BTbtBT
I'm a Contributor Level 2

I just read your other post..... YES!!!  Mine does the same!!!  I understand now, totally.  Please get this fixed --- so frustrating when you have to press 1 for ENGLISH and it keeps telling you it doesn't understand!

Doogie87

This problem, along with other problems has been going on since at least last September. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a fix.

BTbtBT

I'm looking for threads about known issues with Home Phone service, so could I clarify - what do you mean, "credit cards" with autmated answering services?  I'm not really understanding the post.  Hopefully it's something I don't use or know nothing about!

KAPABLE-K
MVP

Fido is aware of the problem and is working on getting it fixed.