Will the LG V10 Work on the Fido LTE Band?

SOLVED
Faizbot
I'm a Participant Level 1

Since the LG V10 isn't going to be released in Canada I was wondering if I buy one internationally if it'll work on the Fido LTE bands. I have found this one on ebay that's also unlocked, will it work if I buy it?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/LG-V10-4G-F600-S-K-White-Smartphone-Unlocked-Phone-/151865381399?

Thanks,

Faiz

Accepted Solution

Re: Will the LG V10 Work on the Fido LTE Band?

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

@Faizbot wrote:

Since the LG V10 isn't going to be released in Canada I was wondering if I buy one internationally if it'll work on the Fido LTE bands. I have found this one on ebay that's also unlocked, will it work if I buy it?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/LG-V10-4G-F600-S-K-White-Smartphone-Unlocked-Phone-/151865381399?

Thanks,

Faiz

Hello Faiz,

Welcome to the forums!

Judging by those specifications, that phone would have all of the bands for 2G and '3G'. With regards to LTE, that phone would have two of the three compatible bands (bands 4 and 7). You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here.

The caveat when a phone doesn't have all of the compatible bands is that coverage might be limited depending on the bands/frequencies of the surrounding towers. However, band 4 is the more widely used LTE band so coverage shouldn't be an issue.

One word of caution. You might want to verify which version of the phone is actually available for sale. According to this reddit forum, there appears to be 3 versions from Korea. I'm not sure to which version the S/K in the eBay description refers. According to the specifications on reddit, the compatible LTE bands for both the S or K versions are 7 and 17. None of those specifications list band 4. Without band 4, coverage would be limited depending on the bands/frequencies of the surrounding towers.

I'm sure you're also aware that there are also US versions of that phone which would have different LTE bands/frequencies as well.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@Faizbot wrote:

Thanks,

Faiz

Hello Faiz,

Welcome to the forums!

Judging by those specifications, that phone would have all of the bands for 2G and '3G'. With regards to LTE, that phone would have two of the three compatible bands (bands 4 and 7). You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here.

The caveat when a phone doesn't have all of the compatible bands is that coverage might be limited depending on the bands/frequencies of the surrounding towers. However, band 4 is the more widely used LTE band so coverage shouldn't be an issue.

One word of caution. You might want to verify which version of the phone is actually available for sale. According to this reddit forum, there appears to be 3 versions from Korea. I'm not sure to which version the S/K in the eBay description refers. According to the specifications on reddit, the compatible LTE bands for both the S or K versions are 7 and 17. None of those specifications list band 4. Without band 4, coverage would be limited depending on the bands/frequencies of the surrounding towers.

I'm sure you're also aware that there are also US versions of that phone which would have different LTE bands/frequencies as well.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers