Will my phone work in Canada with Fido?

SOLVED
michellewong
I'm a Participant Level 1

My mom wants to buy a phone from China to use on the Fido network but not sure if it will work.

I have the following info for the phone. Will it work on the Fido network?

GSM:B2/B3/B5/B8
TD-SCDMA: B34/B39
WCDMA:B1/B2/B5/B8
TD-LTE:B38/B39/B40/B41(2555MHz~2655MHz)
FDD-LTE:B1/B3/B7

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Re: Will my phone work in Canada with Fido?

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

@michellewong wrote:
My mom wants to buy a phone from China to use on the Fido network but not sure if it will work.

Thanks.

Hello Michellewong,

Welcome to the community!

Judging by those specifications, that phone would have all of the compatible bands/frequencies for 2G (GSM) and '3G' (WCDMA).

With regards to LTE, that phone would only have one of the compatible bands/frequencies, band 7 or 2600 MHz (B7). You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies in the link provided above. Assuming the phone is unlocked, the phone should work on the LTE network. However, coverage would depend on the bands/frequencies of your surrounding towers as not all towers support all of the bands/frequencies. You can get an idea of the bands/frequencies of your surrounding towers here.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@michellewong wrote:

Thanks.

Hello Michellewong,

Welcome to the community!

Judging by those specifications, that phone would have all of the compatible bands/frequencies for 2G (GSM) and '3G' (WCDMA).

With regards to LTE, that phone would only have one of the compatible bands/frequencies, band 7 or 2600 MHz (B7). You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies in the link provided above. Assuming the phone is unlocked, the phone should work on the LTE network. However, coverage would depend on the bands/frequencies of your surrounding towers as not all towers support all of the bands/frequencies. You can get an idea of the bands/frequencies of your surrounding towers here.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP

@michellewong you can find all the relevant info you need here. 

After comparing the info you provided with the bands Fido operate off of the phone will only work on GSM you do not have any compatible LTE bands