Will Fido add the Blackberry Classic or Passport to their phone line up in Sep?

I'm Helpful Level 3
I'm Helpful Level 3

Will Fido add the Blackberry Classic or Passport to their phone line up in Sep?

To Fido staff,

Has there been any advanced notice as to whether Fido will carry Blackberry's Classic or Passport phones?

Accepted Solution

Re: Will Fido add the Blackberry Classic or Passport to their phone line up in Sep?

Response from Fido ...

" Thank you for taking the time to write to us via www.fido.ca , my name is xxxxxx (omitted agent's name). For strategic reasons, our marketing department will only release information about new handsets at the very last minute. We can simply say that new models are being tested on an on-going basis and are launched once they meet our strict quality standards. For information regarding the latest handsets, we invite you to check back regularly on fido.ca/phones.

And there you have it.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 74
I'm a Participant Level 3 fidohelp
I'm a Participant Level 3

Re: Will Fido add the Blackberry Classic or Passport to their phone line up in Sep?

Tomorrow is D DAY.

"Bulletin on TELUS's internal sales force network is up. Sales to start tomorrow no sooner than 10:00 AM EST. Launching with 3 OEM accessories, and with exclusivity to TELUS for the first seven days. No mention of pricing, but it does say that employees can purchase upon launch, and there will be availability at all locations, and mentions Blend!"

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 16 of 74
I'm Helpful Level 3
I'm Helpful Level 3

Well we'll see what happens during tomorrow's launch. Hopefully, we'll get a clear idea of which carriers will pick up this phone. Or at least give it a few weeks.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 17 of 74
I'm Helpful Level 3
I'm Helpful Level 3

Fidohelp.

You're absolutely right. Telus will be the exclusive carrier of the Passport for 1 week. And then after that, other carriers will pick it up (hopefully Fido also). Anyways, there is no urgency, I will wait to see what happens. Nevetheless, want to see this Canadian company continue to thrive and success going forward.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 18 of 74
I'm a Participant Level 1 phoulihan
I'm a Participant Level 1

I have 5 Fido accounts (mine-3- plus I pay for my staff).

The blackberry is the best phone for business.

I am going to buy the Passport.

I assume I can unlock and use but if Fido can't even support the best Canadian cell company, I will be cancelling all of our accounts at the end of the term and moving to another carrier.

Terrible!

Add that to the auto delete of messages at the end of 10 days and you have to wonder if they have any interest in the customer.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 19 of 74
I'm Helpful Level 3
I'm Helpful Level 3

It is known of course that Fido is a Roger's  company. So if I am not mistaken, I think that Rogers dictates what phone line-up Fido will carry. I don't think Fido gets to decide. But I could be wrong.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 20 of 74
I'm a Participant Level 3 fidohelp

i didnt bother waiting for fido , bought the passport from telus at 10am today and just got the unlock code an hour and a half ago!

love this thing its a beast, rogers has the passport ready for pre order. available october 1 as well as with bell.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 21 of 74
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

I watched the product launch this morning. If anyone is interested the passport can be purchased direct from BlackBerry Shop dot com and it ships unlocked. Choice of white or black. $699 sim free. I am no longer on contract and am watching for the announcements for who will be carrying. It would be nice if Fido offered it as an upgrade by order if they are not carrying it. I would love to see more BlackBerry models on Fido. Just my 2 cents worth

If you liked my answer or I solved your problem please click like or solved.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 22 of 74
I'm a Participant Level 3 isolated_world

I checked Kijiji, there is one person selling FIDO iphones. and he claims he has all models iphone 6 and 6+. where did he get all fido phones

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 23 of 74
I'm Helpful Level 3
I'm Helpful Level 3

Hey bud, this thread is discussing the Passport. Why are you talking about the plastic toy iPhone 6 here?
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 24 of 74
I'm Helpful Level 3
I'm Helpful Level 3

Most of us here are already aware that you can purchase the passport unlocked from shopBB. As of now, the US and Cdn sites are already sold out and on back order. Amazon is on back order too.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 25 of 74
I'm a Participant Level 1 armiduo

Telus is selling Passport on contract with a price of $200, which is not sold out yet.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 26 of 74
I'm Helpful Level 3
I'm Helpful Level 3

telus ... Ouch! Their plans are too costly. I would have to spend $30 more per month on my phone bill. $30 x 24 months =$720 + tax and then another $226 for the phone. No way. I am better off buying the phone unlocked. But on that note; shopBlackberry in the US and Canada are sold out including Amazon. I am going to stay put and see what happens.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 27 of 74
I'm Experienced Level 3
I'm Experienced Level 3

Seems once again Rogers marketing is purposely leaving Fido out of the action, because they mistakingly think people will port to ROGERS for the Passport. At least that's what they hope no doubt. Vote with your wallet! Go to BELLUS or buy it outright from either BB or a carrier and use it on Fido!
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 28 of 74
I'm a Participant Level 1 Joe_Nathan

I want to add my support to this, Fido please carry the Blackberry Passport!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 29 of 74
I'm Helpful Level 3
I'm Helpful Level 3

Thanks Joe, but as credmau5 added, I think Rogers determines which phones Fido will carry. So we may see this phone show up later on or perhaps never.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 30 of 74