Will Fido add the Blackberry Classic or Passport to their phone line up in Sep?

I'm Helpful Level 3
I'm Helpful Level 3

Will Fido add the Blackberry Classic or Passport to their phone line up in Sep?

To Fido staff,

Has there been any advanced notice as to whether Fido will carry Blackberry's Classic or Passport phones?

Accepted Solution

Re: Will Fido add the Blackberry Classic or Passport to their phone line up in Sep?

Response from Fido ...

" Thank you for taking the time to write to us via www.fido.ca , my name is xxxxxx (omitted agent's name). For strategic reasons, our marketing department will only release information about new handsets at the very last minute. We can simply say that new models are being tested on an on-going basis and are launched once they meet our strict quality standards. For information regarding the latest handsets, we invite you to check back regularly on fido.ca/phones.

And there you have it.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 74
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

Re: Will Fido add the Blackberry Classic or Passport to their phone line up in Sep?

I have been watching the phone offerings from Fido as well. Over the last few days, when you click on the BlackBerry link to use fido dollars to upgrade the phone, there is nothing to select. This is a very sad offering from Fido when the only device they constantly push is the iphone. I am Canadian, and I thought Rogers/Fido was as well. There are still some of us around who believe that supporting Canadian companies is a good thing. I am so disappointed right now, I can't speak. Sad

If you liked my answer or I solved your problem please click like or solved.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 61 of 74
Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

I can't believe Fido has dropped the BlackBerry line altogether. WTH?

If you liked my answer or I solved your problem please click like or solved.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 62 of 74
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2

Virgin Mobile is going to bring Blackberry Classic to their phone line-up. As a competitor, Fido has to catch up, bringing Passport for Fido's loyal customers to choose. Otherwise, customers will move on. Passport is so hot! It is sold out everywhere including Shop Blackberry and Amazon. Passport is a high demanding and best-in-class innovative phone.   

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 63 of 74
I'm Helpful Level 3
I'm Helpful Level 3

Where did you hear that VM is going to get the BB Classic? I check mobilesyrup.com and no mention of it. They usually get this info first hand.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 64 of 74
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2

Crackberry.com
Crackberry is the place where Blackberry fans/loyalists can read news about Blackberry. You may download an app "CB10" from Blackberry World. Other than Crackberry, you can also subscribe to these BBM Channels : "Blackberry Empire" or "BerryFlow". Blackberry Empire gets Blackberry news at first hand than everyone does.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 65 of 74
I'm Experienced Level 1
I'm Experienced Level 1

@dieselgg wrote:

Thanks for your support, but I highly doubt Fido will budge on the Passport. I think they were not too impressed with sales from the Z10 when they carried it. Nevertheless, I will send an email to Fido to have them bring the BB Passport to their lineup.

Rogers it seens Has gone Back to Viewing BlackBerry as an Upslale Brand

So Fido is the Discount Brand of Rogers so Most BlackBerry Phones will be carried Rogers it seems

Fido most likely will get the LTE Version of the Z3 if anything

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 66 of 74
I'm Experienced Level 1
I'm Experienced Level 1

@dieselgg wrote:

Of course it will work with Fido. Why would it not work? The Passport phone supports all all the carrier bands.Fido uses the same bands as Rogers.

Why is it that People Forget this Rogers & Fido = SAME NETWORK

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 67 of 74
I'm a Participant Level 1 gthatsme
I'm a Participant Level 1

If fido doesn't offer blackberry I'm probably going to find another provider

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 68 of 74
I'm a Participant Level 2 BBClassic-Fido
I'm a Participant Level 2

I would like to know too. My BB Curve will die soon and I would like to upgrade to a BB Classic. I have been with Fido since 1999 (my first and only cell phone provider) and I do not want to go to Telus or Bell etc I definitely think Blackberry phones should be an option. If it won't be offered then unfortunately I will have to go to another carrier. Fido, please reconsider.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 69 of 74
I'm a Participant Level 2 vytas
I'm a Participant Level 2

I'm looking forward for BB Leap and if Fido not going to sell it .. No words, so disappointing, they are making a big mistake
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 70 of 74
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2

Mobilicity has just announced that they start to carry Passport, Classic and even Z30. Among all Canadian carriers, Fido ONLY YOU do not carry any BlackBerry 10 smartphones.  

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 71 of 74
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2

I understand that Fido has strategic reasons, only releasing information about new handsets at the very last minute. However, remember that to be competitive, the last minute is always too late to respond to the market. Right now, big 3 - Rogers, Telus and Bell, Wind Mobile are getting BlackBerry Leap for price- sensitive customers. I am going to add a line for my son (12-year-old boy) who needs a smartphone of better price tag. Of course, I will not add a line at Fido because Fido doesn't even add any new BlackBerrys (including BlackBerry Leap) in the product lineup. Even myself will not stay with Fido pretty soon because there is no any BlackBerry to upgrade from my awesome Z10.   

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 72 of 74
I'm a Participant Level 1 rhy
I'm a Participant Level 1

yea me too, getting sick of no blackberry devices,  would like to upgrade my q5 to a passport, probably have to switch carriers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 73 of 74
I'm Experienced Level 1
I'm Experienced Level 1

BB Classic & BB PRIV

Are Available through 611 Since February 2016

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 74 of 74