Will Fido add the Blackberry Classic or Passport to their phone line up in Sep?

I'm Helpful Level 3
I'm Helpful Level 3

Will Fido add the Blackberry Classic or Passport to their phone line up in Sep?

To Fido staff,

Has there been any advanced notice as to whether Fido will carry Blackberry's Classic or Passport phones?

Accepted Solution

Re: Will Fido add the Blackberry Classic or Passport to their phone line up in Sep?

Response from Fido ...

" Thank you for taking the time to write to us via www.fido.ca , my name is xxxxxx (omitted agent's name). For strategic reasons, our marketing department will only release information about new handsets at the very last minute. We can simply say that new models are being tested on an on-going basis and are launched once they meet our strict quality standards. For information regarding the latest handsets, we invite you to check back regularly on fido.ca/phones.

And there you have it.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 74
I'm Helpful Level 3
I'm Helpful Level 3

Re: Will Fido add the Blackberry Classic or Passport to their phone line up in Sep?

Email sent to Fido. Let see what they reply back with.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 51 of 74
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 3
I'm Helpful Level 3
Solution

Response from Fido ...

" Thank you for taking the time to write to us via www.fido.ca , my name is xxxxxx (omitted agent's name). For strategic reasons, our marketing department will only release information about new handsets at the very last minute. We can simply say that new models are being tested on an on-going basis and are launched once they meet our strict quality standards. For information regarding the latest handsets, we invite you to check back regularly on fido.ca/phones.

And there you have it.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 52 of 74
I'm a Participant Level 2 Heather-01
I'm a Participant Level 2

Blackberry Passport

Hi Fido,

I've been checking regularly to see if there's any news on the Blackberry Passport. In light of its popularity will Fido be carrying it?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 53 of 74
I'm Helpful Level 3
I'm Helpful Level 3

Re: Blackberry Passport

There is a thread that already exists on this topic. Fido cannot confirm whether they will carry it or not.

http://forums.fido.ca/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Smartphones/thread-id/18139

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 54 of 74
I'm a Participant Level 2 ikbmike
I'm a Participant Level 2

thanks friend let me hear if anything changes
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 55 of 74
I'm a Participant Level 1 cyberbunny
I'm a Participant Level 1

Waiting for the Passport - Can Fido please add the phone to their line-up. 

I love the keyboard, high res screen and shape of the Passport screen.

I currently have the Samsung S3 and I phone 4. Camera sucks on S3, it is slow, and software is buggy. Iphones are too overpriced.

I don't know what the rep was thinking in their email response ... "We can simply say that new models are being tested on an on-going basis and are launched once they meet our strict quality standards". .......I simply don't know how Samsung S3 passed Fido's quality standards. It's a plastic phone and flexes very easily. 

BB10 OS is solid and with BB10.3 OS, all Android apps will be fully compatible on the BB10.3 platform. And nothing beats the Blackberry HUB. 

The Blackberry phones are for those who need productivity and not for playing games like Angry Birds.

Sorry for the rant, but this is how I feel... I just hope you'd bring in the Passport Happy

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 56 of 74
I'm a Contributor Level 1 youareherewithm
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I just saw the BB passport - will switch from Android for it...get it FIDO

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 57 of 74
I'm a Participant Level 3 corcha
I'm a Participant Level 3

Will an unlocked passport work on the Fido network?
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 58 of 74
I'm a Participant Level 1 bordej
I'm a Participant Level 1

I am starting to be relatively concerned about Fido and BBerry offer.  Just looking at the phone offers, it looks as if the Q5 is no longer available for sale so no BBerry phones currently available through Fido.  Also, over the last 2 weeks, my connection to the BBerry server via Fido has been quite erratic (but this one appear to coincide with the latest OS release so this may have nothing to do with the network).

I'll add my voice to the current debate and do hope that Fido soon offers the Passport or Classic.  If not, the current sale from Amazon (US) or ShopBlackBerry is starting to be tempting to get an unlocked Passport.

As per the previous poster, has anyone been susccesful in setting one through Fido?  With two months left on the contract, this might be Goodbye Fido!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 59 of 74
I'm Helpful Level 3
I'm Helpful Level 3

Of course it will work with Fido. Why would it not work? The Passport phone supports all all the carrier bands.Fido uses the same bands as Rogers.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 60 of 74