Will Fido add the Blackberry Classic or Passport to their phone line up in Sep?

I'm Helpful Level 3
I'm Helpful Level 3

Will Fido add the Blackberry Classic or Passport to their phone line up in Sep?

To Fido staff,

Has there been any advanced notice as to whether Fido will carry Blackberry's Classic or Passport phones?

Accepted Solution

Re: Will Fido add the Blackberry Classic or Passport to their phone line up in Sep?

Response from Fido ...

" Thank you for taking the time to write to us via www.fido.ca , my name is xxxxxx (omitted agent's name). For strategic reasons, our marketing department will only release information about new handsets at the very last minute. We can simply say that new models are being tested on an on-going basis and are launched once they meet our strict quality standards. For information regarding the latest handsets, we invite you to check back regularly on fido.ca/phones.

And there you have it.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 74
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

Re: Will Fido add the Blackberry Classic or Passport to their phone line up in Sep?

I agree, I have been off contract for over a year waiting to see if Fido would get the Z30 and now the Passport. I bought my Z30 outright from shopBlackberry as I didn't want to wait and be disappointed. The Passport would be enough for me to go back on a contract, or use my fido dollars and pay the rest up front. We shall see. I am heading to the states next week and if there is no indication on Fido getting it, I will purchase it while there. Who knew it would be so hard to buy a Canadian product in Canada?

If you liked my answer or I solved your problem please click like or solved.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 41 of 74
I'm a Participant Level 2 kdkd
I'm a Participant Level 2

Even if fido offers the passport they will make us change our monthly plans to one of those 'shareplus' bs. Rogers/bell/tellus are all doing this so I wouldn't expect fido to be different. That being said it would at least allow existing fido customers to use their fido dollars towards buying it outright
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 42 of 74
I'm Helpful Level 3
I'm Helpful Level 3

Shareplans???? Fido does not offer share plans. The only plans they have are the Standard,  Smart, and Max Plans. Max plans are only for Iphones. Standard and Smart plans are for all other smartphones.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 43 of 74
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 kdkd

I wasn't sure what Fido was naming their higher priced plans hence the quotation marks. I've been following rogers passport reservation thread on crackberry and read this article http://business.financialpost.com/2014/09/25/iphone-6-blackberry-passport-costs/ outlining what major carriers are requiring customers to do if they want to HUP to a passport. I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me IF Fido offers this phone, that they would follow suit
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 44 of 74
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

I will be buying my Passport from shop BlackBerry I decided. That way, no contract, no higher plan. I currently am on $39 a month that was a special offer last year and if I have to go to a smart plan at $60, that means paying an extra $21 plus tax per month for 24 months. that would equal $24x24 = $576 extra over the existing $39 and tax I already pay. Seems to make good financial sense.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 45 of 74
I'm Helpful Level 3
I'm Helpful Level 3

Original Lucy,

Does that $39 plan include 450 weekday minutes and 600MB data. If so I have the sameone and that is a Smart plan. But it sounds like you are on a standard plan, but check just in case. All devices other than the iPhones are avaialbe either through the standard plan or smart plan. Not sure on your situation why you would have to jump to a $60 value plan.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 46 of 74
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

hi dieselgg, I was just responding to the "scenario" that was posted about having to change to a minimum monthly charge to get a premium device. I do have a smart plan and don't plan on "upping the billing" to subsidize a new device. Thanks for pointing that out, though. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 47 of 74
I'm a Participant Level 2 ikbmike

It a shame fido does not  carry more bb product? I am also considering leaving fido after 17 years. the company was more flexiable when it was not owned by rogers. Fido is the little brother company. Wind is the new fido. I am giving them to the end of  january/15 to see if they give us what we want. i hear the more we bug them for the passport  the better chance we have have. so send them a note if your are really intrested.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 48 of 74
I'm a Participant Level 2 ikbmike

any update?
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 49 of 74
I'm Helpful Level 3
I'm Helpful Level 3

Thanks for your support, but I highly doubt Fido will budge on the Passport. I think they were not too impressed with sales from the Z10 when they carried it. Nevertheless, I will send an email to Fido to have them bring the BB Passport to their lineup.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 50 of 74