Wifi calling icon

Wifi calling icon

Wifi calling icon

SOLVED
Gibstrong
I'm a Participant Level 2

Wifi calling icon

Got a new G6 yesterday from a Fido kiosk, very happy with my new purchase. Enabled wifi calling on my phone, was working fine until this morning. I noticed the icon has disappeared but is enabled on my phone.

I'm aware there has been another issue similar to this but didn't find an answer.

Any thoughts?

Accepted Solution

Re: Wifi calling icon

Solved by MVP MVP

@Gibstrong no you should not have to restart every time but sometimes bugs like this happens from time to time.

View solution in context
4 REPLIES 4
KAPABLE-K
MVP

Hello @Gibstrong welcome to the community!

It could be that you lost WiFi connection or your WiFi connection is weak so it reverted back to the mobile connection. 

If that's not the case try restarting the phone and see if the WiFi connection icons appears back in the status bar.

Gibstrong

Well, I feel like an **bleep**. Seems to be the case.

I did leave the wifi network temporarily and thought it would come back immediately. Seems to solve the issue.
Does this mean I'll have to restart the phone when I want to use the wifi calling?

@Gibstrong no you should not have to restart every time but sometimes bugs like this happens from time to time.

Gibstrong

Fair enough. Was slightly concerned as I had to adapt multiply issues with an aging G3 and didn't want to fall into another series of problems.

Thanks for the help!