Wifi calling iPhone 6

Wifi calling iPhone 6

Wifi calling iPhone 6

Nsterg
I'm a Participant Level 2

Wifi calling iPhone 6

My wifi calling was working last week but now it won't work. I've tried restarting my phone and turning off the wifi calling and reconnecting it.

I purchased my phone from the Apple Store last February.

Please help as I get no reception in my house.

11 REPLIES 11
sonsin

Sorry for the late reply but it didn't work. I did exactly what you told me after 10 PM on that date but itdidn't work. I still cant activate it
FidoMegan
Former Moderator

Hey sonsin! 

I sent you a PM! Smiley 

Nsterg

I paid in full at the store & it was not charged to my Fido account.

Everything was working fine last week for wifi calling.
FidoMegan
Former Moderator

Wi-Fi calling shouldn't work on unlocked phones. If the phone is unlocked, it's possible that you were able to use that service but it's not guaranteed. I'll send you a PM and we'll check this out further! 

sonsin

I'm having the same problem. Wifi-Calling was working perfectly until last week and now it doesn't connect. I tried disabling and reenabling it, everything goes well, it says "active" but it doesn't connect.

Hey @sonsin

Are you using a Fido phone? 

Have you checked if you turn the phone in airplane mode if the WIFI calling connects?

sonsin

No, I bought it from the Apple Store unlocked. It was working fine after I asked you guys to add its IMEI to your system, and it kept working for months perfectly. But since 2 or 3 weeks ago it stopped changing to Wifi-Calling mode. It's activated under the Wifi-Calling options, with the Emergency Address updated. Everything seems fine except nothing happens (It just doesn't connect).

Hey @sonsin.

Let's take a look at your account to make sure everything's OK in your account in order to use WI-FI calling.

I'm sending a PM your way, talk to you soon Smiley

Nsterg

How can I tell if it is unlocked?
I never unlocked it. I purchased it from the Apple Store.
FidoMegan
Former Moderator

Was the phone purchased through your Fido account? Was it billed to the Fido account? You can also see if it's unlocked if it works with a SIM card of another provider.

FidoMegan
Former Moderator

Hey Nsterg! 

Welcome to the Community! : )

Is the phone a Fido phone or is it unlocked?