Wifi Calling iPhone 6 Not Working

chrisjim5
I'm a Participant Level 3

Hi,

I got a brand new iphone 6 from a Fido store over Christmas. I tried to enable the Wifi Calling feature myself, and it didn't work. I called Fido Answers, and they changed the device type on their systems to be an "Apple" device, and added the IMEI somewhere. After that, the Wifi Calling feature started working. A couple of days later, Wifi Calling stopped working again. And when I go to Settings -- Phone -- Wifi Calling; it is "off". If I try to enable it, it shows a webpage saying provisioning in progress, and then it goes away back to the Phone Settings.

Called FidoAnswers again, and they reset the network settings from their end. It worked again for a couple of more days. This happened another time, and now it is not working again. I need this to work asap as I work a lot in my basement, and I think that FidoAnswers people don't know much about this feature on iPhones. I also tried resetting the network settings through the phone settings reset, and that didn't help at all. 

Please help ...

Thanks ...

Chris

12 REPLIES 12
FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi chrisjim5 & welcome to the Community!

Have you already tried doing a factory reset of your phone? You can do that by going into Settings > General > Reset > Erase all content and settings, or by doing a backup and restore through iTunes/iCloud.

Let me know. Smiley

chrisjim5

Hi Maria,

I tried that now with no luck Sad

Is there anything else I can do? 

Thanks ...

@chrisjim5 wrote:

Hi Maria,

I tried that now with no luck Sad

Is there anything else I can do? 

Thanks ...

Hi chrisjim5, 

What ios version are you using?

Have you ever jailbreak your phone?  

Is your LTE mode enable or disabled? 

Please let me know, thanks. 

chrisjim5

Hi AdamBeast,

I am using iOS 9.2; carrier: fido 23.1.

Phone is not jailbroken, it is only 3 weeks old.

LTE is enabled.

thanks ...

Could you try to useing wifi calling with LTE turned off and see what happens? 

chrisjim5

I assume you meant turning off cellular data, right? I did that from under Settings Cellular. And that didn't help. I also left it on but changed "Voice & Data" from LTE to 3G and that didn't help either Sad

Could you go to Setting -> General , go to bottom of the option.

Can you see an option "Profile" above "Reset" ? 

chrisjim5

I just checked and there is no Profile in General at all.

thanks

Thanks for the reply. 

In this case, I would like suggest to turn on "airplane mode", then turn on wifi, to see whether your phone can keep the connection on wifi calling mode.  

If your phone cannot stay on wifi calling mode, if possible, please try the same test with the same sim card on another iPhone or use your iPhone on another wifi network to see if the same issue occurs.

If the issue cannot be reprodueced, so we can indentify that it is either a phone issue or wifi network issue. 

chrisjim5

Hi Adam,

Let me explain something. We have 2 lines under the same Fido account. The first one is an iPhone 5s with Wifi Calling activated and working perfectly since October. The other is the new iPhone 6 where the Wifi Calling works only if I call Fido Answers and ask them to reset network settings on that line from their end, as it wouldn't work if I did it myself through General -- Settings -- Reset. 

Yesterday, I switched the SIM cards of both lines in the 2 iPhones. The iPhone 6 activated Wifi Calling immediately, with no problem at all. However, for the other line in the iPhone 5s, I got the same problem, when I try to activate Wifi Calling, I get a screen saying provisioning in progress, and then it disappears with the Wifi Calling still off.

Note that all of this while using the same wifi network. Also, both phones have the same iOS version (9.2) and fido carrier settings (fido 23.1). This means that the problem is with the other account not with the iPhone 6 or the Wifi network. Can you please investigate why is this happening? and what would you need to do on your end to get this corrected once and for all? We're travelling soon and we hope we can get this to work soon.

Thanks ...

Chris

@chrisjim5 wrote:

Hi Adam,

Let me explain something. We have 2 lines under the same Fido account. The first one is an iPhone 5s with Wifi Calling activated and working perfectly since October. The other is the new iPhone 6 where the Wifi Calling works only if I call Fido Answers and ask them to reset network settings on that line from their end, as it wouldn't work if I did it myself through General -- Settings -- Reset. 

Yesterday, I switched the SIM cards of both lines in the 2 iPhones. The iPhone 6 activated Wifi Calling immediately, with no problem at all. However, for the other line in the iPhone 5s, I got the same problem, when I try to activate Wifi Calling, I get a screen saying provisioning in progress, and then it disappears with the Wifi Calling still off.

Note that all of this while using the same wifi network. Also, both phones have the same iOS version (9.2) and fido carrier settings (fido 23.1). This means that the problem is with the other account not with the iPhone 6 or the Wifi network. Can you please investigate why is this happening? and what would you need to do on your end to get this corrected once and for all? We're travelling soon and we hope we can get this to work soon.

Thanks ...

Chris

Thanks for your reply and providing so much details, it really helped, chrisjim5.

This seems like a backend issue and 

Hey @chrisjim5

Thanks for the details. I'll go ahead and send you a PM so we can check things out.