Why stay with Fido when Apple is offering better deal?

SOLVED
pirrana
I'm a Participant Level 2

I've noticed that with the release of the iPhone 7. Apple is offering $325 to buy back your old iPhone 6+ and the new iPhone you get will be unlocked. Fido is offering 210 to buy back my iPhone and it will be locked. My contract is up in October. I don't understand how it would make any sense for me to be signing another contract to get the phone cheaper. If I do that. My phone will still be locked to Fido and I would be in a two year commitment. Especially now that Fido has gotten rid of the Fido dollars, there is even less incentive. Why would Fido not offer the same buy back as Apple for the iPhone???

Accepted Solution

Re: Why stay with Fido when Apple is offering better deal?

Solved by Former Moderator FidoTerry

Welcome to the community @pirrana! Smiley 

We give different options for our customers. If you prefer to get the phone full price, you can choose one of our BYOP ( bring your own phone ) plans. However if you want to get a subsidy ( credit ) on the phone by taking an agreement, you can choose to a pay what's left on your current phone and upgrade now.

As for the FidoTrade, the value will vary depending on the model you have. You can click on this link to get a quote: fido.ca/fidotradequote. You can decide to trade in with Apple or with us. 

The Fidodollars are now phased out so we can offer you a instant perks such a FidoRoam and Spotify Premium on our Pulse plans. Let us know if you need help choosing a plan. 

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Welcome to the community @pirrana! Smiley 

We give different options for our customers. If you prefer to get the phone full price, you can choose one of our BYOP ( bring your own phone ) plans. However if you want to get a subsidy ( credit ) on the phone by taking an agreement, you can choose to a pay what's left on your current phone and upgrade now.

As for the FidoTrade, the value will vary depending on the model you have. You can click on this link to get a quote: fido.ca/fidotradequote. You can decide to trade in with Apple or with us. 

The Fidodollars are now phased out so we can offer you a instant perks such a FidoRoam and Spotify Premium on our Pulse plans. Let us know if you need help choosing a plan. 

pirrana
I'm a Participant Level 2

Terry Fido is only offering 210 dollars for my phone. Apple is offering 325 and if I get it through them the phone is unlocked.