Why so complicated for users moved from chatr?

SOLVED
nhohung
I'm a Participant Level 3

I was a former chatr user who received sms monthly suggesting to move to Fido with an offer to get the 65$ plan only for 45$. I decided to move in December. When activating the service, all information is clear and as expected: I use my own phone, get 3GB of data and pay 45$ monthly. However, the way Fido works later is so frustrating:

- In the first invoice for December, I have to pay 65$ (excluding other one-time fees). I called customer service but never get to speak with a person. I used Live chat and had to wait for 5.5 hours to get answered (yes, waiting from 9 Am to 2:30 PM). The representative confirmed the offer information I had before and said a $20 credit will be applied, and I will have to pay 25$ in the next invoice. This makes sense, although the glitch in Fido system showing the invoice of 65$ irritates me. I paid 65$ (and other fees).

- Today, checking the January invoice, I still have to pay 65$. There is no credit on my profile. I got another person (Pierrette - assuming a lady) on Fido live chat. She told me the offer starts on the 3rd month of service and that will apply on my next invoice. After telling her what I understood about the information, she said she can put a 20$ credit in my account and asked if I'm okay with it. This is ridiculous, since a 20$ credit should be already in my account, if I'm charged for 65$ this time it should be 40$ credit. She said like she's making an exceptional action as a favor for me.

I don't know why it becomes so complicated. My friend, a former chatr user who changed to Fido 2 months before me, didn't get any problem. I'm very unhappy with the misleading facts and all inconsistent information given by different Fido representatives (I got the interaction number for both Live chat conversations). Waiting to be assisted is a time-consuming process, and will the problem unsolved, it becomes a waste of time. I think there will be another totally new information if I ever contact them again.

Please if anyone on the forum knows who to address my problem, please let me know, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Hung

Accepted Solution

Re: Why so complicated for users moved from chatr?

Solved by Former Moderator FidoAmanda

Hey nhohung!

Welcome to the Community! 

I'm sad to see that your recent experience with us as a new customer was not a positive one. I know that it is never fun to see something different on your bill than what you were expecting but I assure you that there were no errors!

Like most of our promotional discounts for new activations, the discount is applied on or before your third invoice. Once applied, this discount will last for 24 months from the date in which it first appears on your invoice.

View solution in context
7 REPLIES 7
FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey nhohung!

Welcome to the Community! 

I'm sad to see that your recent experience with us as a new customer was not a positive one. I know that it is never fun to see something different on your bill than what you were expecting but I assure you that there were no errors!

Like most of our promotional discounts for new activations, the discount is applied on or before your third invoice. Once applied, this discount will last for 24 months from the date in which it first appears on your invoice.

nhohung

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for your reply, it's good that my voice was listened.

So you're saying the 2nd Fido live conversation was correct? What about the information I got when activating the phone and in my 1st Fido live chat? They said that they will apply a 20$ credit on my first bill as well. How do I get different information from Fido? Is there any document stating that?

Hung

Hey @nhohung,

The promotion that you were offered is applied to the account on or before the third invoice. However, please note that you would still receive the credit for a full duration of 24 months. 

That means that instead of having the discount applied from December 2017 to December 2019, it will be applied from February 2018 to February 2020, however, you would still benefit from the credit for a total duration of 24 months as was promised.

Does this help clarify a bit?

nhohung

Thanks a lot, Claudia. That explains everything.

Hung

You're very welcome @nhohung Smiley

nhohung

Hi Claudia,

My next invoice (February) shows the amount of 68.71, which means that I have to pay 65$.

Is there any chance that you can look into my case to completely end this nuisance? I wouldn't set up the worry-free automatic payment because I'm getting really tired keeping track and communicating about the same problem.

Hung

Hey @nhohung and thanks for reaching out.

The last thing we want is for you to contact us many more then once for the same issue.

Let's take a look at your account together to see what's going on.

I'm sending you a PM. Talk to you soon.