Why do other provider offer better deals on the iPhone 6

Olfak
I'm a Participant Level 1

I've been a customer for some time now, I have a great plan but hardly use all the features. I broke my iPhone and I am up for renewal. I wanted to get the iPhone 6+ but it is so pricey. My roommate transferred over to bell and got the iPhone 6+ for 180$. I just can't believe there's such a discruptancy with the pricing. When I called Fido I was told that from time to time there are promotions... However my phone is now broken and I'm up for renewal I don't understand why Fido can't try to accommodate me... And would rather have me start with another service provider

2 REPLIES 2
zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

Because they'll get it back in monthly cost.

Just for fun, what's the monthly cost of your roommate's plan? What's the cost of the phone ($180) + 24 times the monthly plan cost? Compare it to the cost of the phone at Fido + 24 times your monthly plan cost.

Whenever I checked, it turned up much more expensive (over 2 years) to go with the big 3 (Bell, Rogers, Telus).

Also, it looks like your roommate got that price under a promotion, because it's currently listed at $300 with a 2-year agreement on Bell's website (for Québec residents) or $398 for Ontario.

(Prices for Québec)

Bell:

Phone: $300

Unlimited nation-wide calling, 2.5GB: $100/month

2-year total: $2700

Fido:

Phone: $530

Unlimited nation-wide calling, 4GB (Max plan): $75/month

2-year total: $2330

FidoCatherine
Former Moderator

Hey Olfak 

We'd hate to see you go! 

I'll send you a PM so we can go over the costs & find a way to get you a new iPhone6 😃