Why did my Spotify account suddenly downgrade to Free

SOLVED
Buzzkkill
I'm a Participant Level 3

I was a premium user and now it downgraded to free.

I've redone the steps through fidohub but everytime I need to login to spotify i get this error message.

Uh-oh. We ran into a bit of a problem and can’t complete your request at this time. Please try again.

I'm not on wi-fi, i've reinstalled spotify a few times, nothing works.

Accepted Solution

Re: Why did my Spotify account suddenly downgrade to Free

Solved by Moderator

Hey @Buzzkkill,

Thanks for the info!

The free membership for up to 6 months starts on the day the Pulse plan gets activated on the account, regardless if you subscribe to it right away or not. We usually send you a text message with steps on how to set it up.

When was your Pulse plan activated initially? Is it possible that it's been 6 months already and that the Premium subscription expired?

Let me know Smiley

View solution in context
9 REPLIES 9
FidoPierre

Hey @Buzzkkill

Thank you for reaching out to us with this. Do you know approximately how long you've had the Spotify Premium promotional offer? 

Buzzkkill

Hello @FidoPierre

I believe I've had the offer for about 6 months or so?

Only been using it about 2-3 months before it stopped working.

Thanks, @Buzzkkill

Did you activate it as soon as you got it with your plan?

Buzzkkill

@FidoFaiza No I did not. Only activated it a few months later. I don't know if it helps but when I go to my fido account I still see Spotify as a perk

Hey @Buzzkkill,

Thanks for the info!

The free membership for up to 6 months starts on the day the Pulse plan gets activated on the account, regardless if you subscribe to it right away or not. We usually send you a text message with steps on how to set it up.

When was your Pulse plan activated initially? Is it possible that it's been 6 months already and that the Premium subscription expired?

Let me know Smiley

Buzzkkill

@FidoClaudia

Hmmm that would make sense then.. since yes it has been around 6 month.

For some reason, I was under the impression I had it for longer than that though.

Guess I'll call and find out if that really is the case.

Thx for the help!

@Buzzkkill

It's our pleasure Smiley

We can actually confirm this for you right from here! I'll send you a PM to take a look into this with you

jesmem
I'm a Participant Level 2

I've also been downgraded to free from premium just today. However, I've had premium longer than 6 months. Maybe 1 1/2 years or so?? This was actually the main reason why I haven't switched to other providers. Can someone please clarify what's going on? Thanks 

Hey @jesmem!

I answered your other post with this question! You can check that out over here.

Let us know if you have other questions or concerns!