Why can't a big company like FIDO reverse a charge but instead offer you a credit?

Why can't a big company like FIDO reverse a charge but instead offer you a credit?

AKC
I'm a Participant Level 2

I am still confused why after being on the phone for almost an hour last week talking with a Fido answer rep and getting an assurance that my bill will be properly adjusted, then suddenly I was still charged for the wrong amount again.

Case being I got a hardware upgrade while it was on promo, then they said it was sent out when the promo was over... which is crazy, because I made the order during the time it was on promo. Them shipping it out late was never a customer's fault. 

So then a shocking bill same to my email which prompted me to make a call and had to be on the phone for almost an hour to get things sorted out... then finally was told everything will be adjusted already.

then after a few days...BOOM, they just deducted my account for $570 (supposed to be less than 200$) now after calling the fido answers hotline again... another 30 mins of pointing out some details

they said it is now adjusted (HOPEFULLY)...

Now here is the clincher, I asked what is going to happen to the amount that was overcharged and debited to my account.. I was told I was going to be given a credit.

WHAAAAAAAt? what would I do with a 380$ credit? finish it off in a year? Why can't I just have my money returned to my bank like a reverse charge? Why do they want to keep the money that was wrongfully charged to me????

I really think FIDO should fix their system.

Not only is this frustrating because it is not my fault..

but the mere fact they overcharged me even if I made all those extra efforts in advance to prevent this from happening... and now they got my money earning interest in their bank while I am rewarded with a huge credit which I don't know how long it will take to use up. (No, I think I have an idea with my monthly bill of 39$)

Geez. Now I just got off the phone again with another Fido answers rep, and hopefully what he said stands true. Everything is adjusted, wait for my next bill (July) and see how much was credited back... then call again, and request for them to transfer it to my banking institution.

So my only question is... since everything has been adjusted why can't it be reversed already? why wait for the next 30 days?

Sorry. I am just venting out my frustrations (not anger... See? Smiley <- smiley face)

Cheers... and be forewarned for any hardware upgrade to go through all details first and check your bills regularly, any miscalculation on their part will prove to be a stressful experience to anyone.

4 REPLIES 4
FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey @AKC

Thanks so much for reaching out about this, I definitely get why you're venting! 

Once a payment is made, we hold it  for a certain amount of time depending on the payment method to avoid certain scenarios. This could cause a delay when there's a refund that's required , I understand that it can be an inconvenience. 

I'll send you a PM so we can take a look at this together Smiley

AKC

I still have not received any PM Sad

Money does not grow on trees.....

except monthly service fees....

FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey @AKC

I sent you a PM last wednesday, we were waiting on your answer Smiley

AKC