WhoCalled not working

WhoCalled not working

WhoCalled not working

SOLVED
Sugarkryptonite
I'm a Participant Level 3

WhoCalled not working

Hi guys

Recently ported a number from Bell to my existing Fido account. At first, none of the features on my value pack were working. After talking to a rep, they removed the value pack and re-added it. After that, my visual voicemail started working, but no WhoCalled. 

A second rep did a network refresh on the affected line to no avail; still no WhoCalled.

A third rep tonight removed and re-added my value pack again, which didn't fix the problem. He then tried adding WhoCalled as a separate feature from my value pack to see if it made a difference, which it did not.

Did anyone else have this problem after porting their line? I have not yet called to try to escalate to the network diag team.

Accepted Solution

Re: WhoCalled not working

Solved by Former Moderator FidoAmanda

Hey @Sugarkryptonite!

I just wanted to update this thread in order to confirm that the WhoCalled feature has in fact been decomissioned as of June 8th, and, as such, the feature has been removed from all our Value Packs. 

View solution in context
14 REPLIES 14
FidoPierre

Hey @Sugarkryptonite

Welcome to the Community! 

I am sorry to see you're experiencing complications with your WhoCalled feature. In this case, do you mean you're not receiving any of the notifications for the calls you've missed? Did you notice any other text messages that do not come through or send properly? 

Configuration on certain non-certified Fido phones may prevent compatibility with the WhoCalled service. Can you also confirm the phone model you are using? 

Sugarkryptonite

Hi

Yes that is correct. My procedure is as follows:

1) Put affected device in airplane mode

2) Call the affected device from another phone, and do NOT leave a message

3) Take affected device out of airplane mode

4) No text message for WhoCalled ever arrives.

I have tested my other lines with this feature using this exact procedure and they work fine.

I have not noticed any other missed text messages. I have tried this about 15-20 times now with no text ever coming for WhoCalled.

Can you say what type of configuration is required? I am using an unlocked Nexus 6. I know for a fact that unlocked non-Fido phones work with WhoCalled, as I know someone who has an unlocked Nexus 5 with it working.

Just to confirm, it was working prior to the number being transferred, is that correct? 

Have you tested your SIM card in another of the phone in which it works to see if you get the notification? 

Let me know! 

Sugarkryptonite

I did not test it before the number was transferred. I got my SIM card in the mail and the first 10 minutes it was activated I transferred my number.

Yes I have tested it in another phone as well but did not get anything for WhoCalled. I believe it is something to do with the line itself. I'm not sure.

Hey @Sugarkryptonite!

I have a few questions for you:

Is the OS software up to date?

Do you have any issue sending or receiving SMS or MMS at all?

Have you put the SIM card in another deivice and tested it?

Let us know. Smiley

Sugarkryptonite

Hi Philippe,

Yes it is up to date.

No issues sending/receiving SMS/MMS.

I just today tried swapping in another SIM card with known working WhoCalled and the service did work fine on my phone. It is obviously not my device but my line that is affected...Hoping it can be fixed. 

Hey @Sugarkryptonite

Thank you for sharing all these updates.

I am going to send you a PM so we can take a closer look into the account with you. Smiley 

Rocket18
I'm a Contributor Level 2

@Sugarkryptonite

Fido silently removed WhoCalled from the Value Pack. Check Fido.ca!

Hey @Sugarkryptonite!

I just wanted to update this thread in order to confirm that the WhoCalled feature has in fact been decomissioned as of June 8th, and, as such, the feature has been removed from all our Value Packs. 

Sugarkryptonite

Well that is extremely disappointing considering that is one of the main reasons I switched to Fido in the first place. I guess after Rogers got rid of it it was only a matter of time...Thanks anyway.

Can you explain why the other line on my account still has WhoCalled working, though?

Hey @Sugarkryptonite

That's definitely odd. In this case, we would need to take a closer look at the line in question.

Can you reply to our most recent PM so we can check this out together?

Rocket18
I'm a Contributor Level 2

@FidoPierre

That's not definitely odd. We tested and it's still working with two other lines. It's working fine on them and Fido technical support confirmed us that if you didn't change anything to your Value Pack this month you keep the feature like before. It's grandfathered.

I had to change my Value Pack language from french to english due to technical problems related to the french version of the voicemail and I also lost WhoCalled in the process.

Can you please tell us why this useful feature that existed for more than ten years is not offered anymore to all? 

Sugarkryptonite

@Rocket18

I believe you are correct to the grandfathering. This is a line that I ported over on June 14th (something around there). I had called in before to activate the line and I was adamant with the rep on the phone that it had the exact same options as my other line that I've had for 15+ years. I was assured that it would be the same, but clearly it is not. We have 8 lines on my account now, but this is a big disappointment and feel like I was misleaded before activating this other line.

@FidoPierre A rep PMed me Pierre and asking me to go through the whole verification process AGAIN and bla bla. Been through that many times already, just want this feature to work....

@Rocket18

We constantly review our offers and features to make sure they accurately answer our customers' needs and a decision was made to discontinue the WhoCalled feature. I am sorry this is inconvenient for you and will forward your feedback. 

@Sugarkryptonite

I can assure you that we did not intend to mislead you and I believe the rep might have made an honest mistake when they confirmed that information to you. Feel free to reply to our last message and we'll be happy to send a coaching opportunity to the concerned rep.