Who or what is jainraincapture.com and why are my credentials being submitted to them?

Who or what is jainraincapture.com and why are my credentials being submitted to them?

SOLVED
shoebox
I'm a Participant Level 1

My password manager is warning me when I attempt to login into the Fido site that my credentials will be sent to jainraincapture.com?

Is this site affiliated with Fido? Or is this some sort of middleware that is being used for the site? It doesn't give me a warm cozy feeling that my credentials are being submitted to some other domain or software service that doesn't appear to be Fido. Is this in some ToS agreement or FAQ that I have overlooked?

Accepted Solution

Re: Who or what is jainraincapture.com and why are my credentials being submitted to them?

Solved by Former Moderator FidoManuel

Hey shoebox!

Welcome to the Community! That's a good question you have there!

Janrain is our trusted  3rd party authentication system partner that we work with to validate our customers’ account information. It is safe and the reason you are seeing it is through a feature in your browser settings.

Let me know if you have any question Smiley

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@shoebox wrote:

My password manager is warning me when I attempt to login into the Fido site that my credentials will be sent to jainraincapture.com?

Is this site affiliated with Fido? Or is this some sort of middleware that is being used for the site? It doesn't give me a warm cozy feeling that my credentials are being submitted to some other domain or software service that doesn't appear to be Fido. Is this in some ToS agreement or FAQ that I have overlooked?

Hello Shoebox,

Welcome to the forums!

As far as I can tell, JanRain is a 3rd party customer profile-management provider. For more information, you can refer here. I assume Fido outsourced the development of their new website and the developers are likely using it for logins.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoManuel
Former Moderator

Hey shoebox!

Welcome to the Community! That's a good question you have there!

Janrain is our trusted  3rd party authentication system partner that we work with to validate our customers’ account information. It is safe and the reason you are seeing it is through a feature in your browser settings.

Let me know if you have any question Smiley