Who called question

I'm a Participant Level 2 Anry555
I'm a Participant Level 2

Who called question

Let's say my phone is On and  I miss the call. After what time I'll recieve the sms message from WhoCalled?

Accepted Solution

Re: Who called question

Hi everyone,

I thought it would be a good idea to clarify the WhoCalled function Smiley

Fido customers can use the WhoCalled add-on to receive a text message for all their missed calls when their phone is either switched off or out of a coverage zone or has received voicemail hang ups.

The text message is sent almost instantaneously  though there can sometimes be a bit of delay. 

Fido prepaid customers cannot use this add-on.

More information here

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 7
Highlighted
I'm Experienced Level 1
I'm Experienced Level 1

Usually with Who Called it takes seconds but when the network is BUSY it can take several minutes.  The ONLY time I find Who Called takes a really long time to notify is when I am on the Subway System in Toronto, since your so far underground it blocks cell signals.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 7
Former Moderator FidoJudhy
Former Moderator

Hello everyone,

The WhoCalled message is sent when:

For customers without voice mail:
- The phone is off or out of network coverage
- Your unconditional call forwarding is set up and the call is forwarded to the other phone number for which the handset is off or out of network coverage

For customers with voice mail:
- The phone is off or out of network coverage and the caller did not leave a voice message
- Your unconditional call forwarding is active to your voice messaging service and the caller did not leave a voice message
- Your unconditional call forwarding is set up and the call is forwarded to the other phone number for which the handset is off or out of network coverage

I hope this helps!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 7
I'm a Participant Level 2 Anry555
I'm a Participant Level 2

Well, thanks for the responses.

Sorry, I didn't provide the full description of the question in my first message but now I know it won't work.

I have iPhone 4 which has no missed calls alert feature unless you press the button on iPhone to see the missed call  notification.

But my friend has iPhone 4 on Bell and she has recieved the WhoCalled sms after she didn't pick up the phone and her iPhone was ON and had a good reception.

Seems it's different at Fido.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 7
Solution

Hi everyone,

I thought it would be a good idea to clarify the WhoCalled function Smiley

Fido customers can use the WhoCalled add-on to receive a text message for all their missed calls when their phone is either switched off or out of a coverage zone or has received voicemail hang ups.

The text message is sent almost instantaneously  though there can sometimes be a bit of delay. 

Fido prepaid customers cannot use this add-on.

More information here

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 7
I'm a Legend Level 1
I'm a Legend Level 1

This feature haven't worked for me in years.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 7

Hi @KAPABLE-K!

That's odd! Do you have a value pack that includes this feature or do you have it as a stand-alone option?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 7