Which Fido Phones have an FM Radio Enabled (2016)?

I'm a Participant Level 3 johnv69
I'm a Participant Level 3

Which Fido Phones have an FM Radio Enabled (2016)?

Looking to upgrade my phone, but want a phone with an FM radio.  Does Fido sell any phones that have the FM radio enabled, or has Fido/Rogers requested that the manufacture disable the FM radio on all their phones that they sell?

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Re: Which Fido Phones have an FM Radio Enabled (2016)?

Hi @johnv69

While our phones don't have FM radio enabled, it's possible to download an app from your phone's app store to listen to the radio.

Rest assured that we're always looking to offer our customers new features on their phones; Enabling FM chips in our smartphone lineup requires the support of the device manufacturers & we're working with them on any plans they have for FM radio.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers! Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 14
I'm a Participant Level 3 thisisstupid
I'm a Participant Level 3

I don't undersand. The Axon A1R that Fido still offers has an FM Radio. It isn't very good, but it does have one. Last time I checked, the FIdo Huawei phones had an FM Radio as well, but unfortunately none of the LG or Samsung phones do.

So why does Fido say NONE of them do?

And why does LG say that they offered the carriers FM Radio, and the carriers refused?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 14
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1 wgm777
I'm a Contributor Level 1

That's not what the device manufacurers say.

I have an email from LG Canada that says that the carriers are not interested in supporting FM Radio:

"Unfortunately the carriers have not chosen to include the FM radio feature in the phones they offer"

So who is right? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 14
I'm a Contributor Level 1 petemj
I'm a Contributor Level 1

My new Huawei Nove Plus has FM Radio working with no other downloads

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 14
I'm a Participant Level 1 yury_r_1975
I'm a Participant Level 1

My new Samsung A5 (2017) phone has disabled FM radio chip. Interesting that other carriers (Rogers, Telus, Freedom) sell Samsung A5 phones with enabled FM radio chip. So please be aware: if you want a working FM radio in your A5 phone, don't buy it in Fido.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 14