Where is my data going!!?

I'm a Participant Level 1 htown123
I'm a Participant Level 1

Where is my data going!!?

I recently switched from an iPhone 4 to an iPhone 5. I have NEVER gone over data with my iPhone 4 but since I switched to iPhone 5, my data was used up within 5 days of my new plan. This never happened on my old phone. Any idea where it's going or what I need to turn off so that it isn't getting sucked up so fast? 

Frustrated and annoyed.

Thank you!

Accepted Solution

Re: Where is my data going!!?

Hi,

I know that if you use facebook, the video auto-play can take a lot of data. Also make sure to do any update and apps install over wifi.

You can see which app use data on your iphone setting - Cellular, so you'll know at least which app is involved.

Hope it helps

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 3
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2
Solution

Hi,

I know that if you use facebook, the video auto-play can take a lot of data. Also make sure to do any update and apps install over wifi.

You can see which app use data on your iphone setting - Cellular, so you'll know at least which app is involved.

Hope it helps

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 3
Former Moderator FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @htown123 & welcome to the Community! Smiley

Another aspect that can influence the data usage is the network your on. Keep in mind that the iPhone 5 is LTE-compatible, whereas the iPhone 4 was not. The speeds are therefore faster and can increase the usage.

You can check out this blog post for tips on how to save data.

Hope this helps!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 3