Where is my data going!!?

SOLVED
htown123
I'm a Participant Level 1

I recently switched from an iPhone 4 to an iPhone 5. I have NEVER gone over data with my iPhone 4 but since I switched to iPhone 5, my data was used up within 5 days of my new plan. This never happened on my old phone. Any idea where it's going or what I need to turn off so that it isn't getting sucked up so fast? 

Frustrated and annoyed.

Thank you!

Accepted Solution

Re: Where is my data going!!?

Hi,

I know that if you use facebook, the video auto-play can take a lot of data. Also make sure to do any update and apps install over wifi.

You can see which app use data on your iphone setting - Cellular, so you'll know at least which app is involved.

Hope it helps

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
laurentmathurin
I'm Helpful Level 2

Hi,

I know that if you use facebook, the video auto-play can take a lot of data. Also make sure to do any update and apps install over wifi.

You can see which app use data on your iphone setting - Cellular, so you'll know at least which app is involved.

Hope it helps

Hi @htown123 & welcome to the Community! Smiley

Another aspect that can influence the data usage is the network your on. Keep in mind that the iPhone 5 is LTE-compatible, whereas the iPhone 4 was not. The speeds are therefore faster and can increase the usage.

You can check out this blog post for tips on how to save data.

Hope this helps!