Where does the 108 dollar come from when I am abroad for a whole month without even using my phone?

Where does the 108 dollar come from when I am abroad for a whole month without even using my phone?

martinzheng49
I'm a Participant Level 1

I am in China from May 18th to June 28th. You charge me 108.5 dollars for my June bill after charging 137 dollars for my May bill. Like seriously Fido?

** Edited to add labels **

1 REPLY 1
FidoCatherine
Former Moderator

Hi there @martinzheng49

Thanks for reaching out about this!

To clarify how our billing works when customers travel outside of Canada: 

- If you're subscribed to monthly services, your Fido Plan still applies each month.

- If your plan includesFidoRoam™, the cost to use your phone for either calls, text messaging or mobile data while outside of Canada is $10/Day (+tax) for up to 10 days maximum per billing cycle.

- If your plan does not include it, pay-per-use rates apply for any phone usage, unless you buy a Travel Pack. 

The details of your monthly charges (+ any extra usage) usually appears on page 3 of your bill. 

Have you had the chance to download the bill to go over the details?

Here's how to download your bill online: 

- Click on "Billing & Payments"

- Select the month you'd like to see in the drop-down list

- Scroll down & click on "Save this bill (PDF)"

Let me know if you're able to see the billing details you need, from there Smiley